- 1 Benchmarking
- 2 CLI
- 3 Rally-as-a-Service
- 4 Verification
- 5 CI/CD
- 6 Unit & Functional testing
- 7 Data processing
- 8 Profiling
- 9 Server providing
- 10 Deployers
Production Read Clean Up
Non Admin support
Pre Created Users
Unit & Functional testing
At this moment only thing that we have is getting tables with: min, max, avg. As a first step good=) But we need more!
to be done...
Graphics & Plots
- Simple plot Time of Loop / Iteration
- Histogram of loop times
Improve & Merge Tomograph into upstream
To collect profiling data we use a small library Tomograph that was created to be used with OpenStack (needs to be improved as well). Profiling data is collected by inserting profiling/log points in OpenStack source code and adding event listeners/hooks on events from 3rd party libraries that support such events (e.g. sqlalchemy). Currently our patches are applied to OpenStack code during cloud deployment. For easier maintenance and better profiling results profiler could be integrated as an oslo component and in such case it’s patches could be merged to upstream. Profiling itself would be managed by configuration options.
Improve Zipkin or use something else
Currently we use Zipkin as a collector and visualization service but in future we plan to replace it with something more suitable in terms of load (possibly Ceilometer?) and improve visualization format (need better charts).
Some early results you can see here:
Make it work out of box
Few things should be done:
- Merge into upstream Tomograph that will send LOGs to Zipkin
- Bind Tomograph with Benchmark Engine
- Automate installation of Zipkin from Rally
- Improve VirshProvider
- Implement netinstall linux on VM (currently implemented only cloning existing VM).
- Add support zfs/lvm2 for fast cloning
- Implement LxcProvider
- This provider about to be used for fast deployment large amount of instances.
- Support zfs clones for fast deployment.
- Implement AmazonProvider
- Get your VMs from Amazon
- Implement MultihostEngine - this engine will deploy multihost configuration using existing engines.
- Implement Dev FUEL based engine - deploy OpenStack using FUEL on existing servers or VMs
- Implement Full FUEL based engine - deploy OpenStack with Fuel on bare metal nodes.
- Implement Tripple-O based engine - deploy OpenStack on bare metal nodes using Tripple-O.