Revision as of 17:34, 21 March 2013 by Dripton (finish filling in Oslo packages, with some very basic formatting)
This is an attempt to document which OpenStack dependencies work under Python 3. We're starting with oslo, since it's the base of everything else, then gradually including other projects.
- argparse - included with Python 2.7+. The separate package is only needed for 2.6.
- mox - ?
- nose - supports Python 3
- nose-exclude - ?
- testtools - ?
- coverage - supports 2.3-3.3
- sphinx - supports Python 3
- PasteDeploy: supports 2.5-3.2 (lack of 3.3 may be false negative because 3.3 is new)
- WebOb: supports 2.6-2.7, 3.2 (lack of 3.3 may be false negative)
- eventlet: NO (MAJOR PAIN POINT)
- greenlet: supports 2.4-3.2 (lack of 3.3 may be false negative)
- lxml: supports 2.4-3.3
- routes: NO (stackoverflow shows a failed porting attempt in 2012-07)
- iso8601: NO
- anyjson: 2.4-3.1 (lack of 3.2-3.3 may be false negatives)
- kombu: supports Python 3 (exact version not given)
- argparse: included in Python 2.7+
- stevedore: supports 2.7 and 3.2 (lack of 3.3 may be false negative; ask Doug Hellman)
- SQLAlchemy: supports Python 3 (exact version not given)
- qpid-python: ?
- distribute: 2.4-3.3
- coverage: 2.3-3.3
- fixtures: supports Python 3 (exact version not given)
- mock: 2.5-3.3
- mox: ?
- mysql-python: NO (maybe try pymysql instead?)
- nose: Supports Python 3
- nose-exclude: ?
- nosexcover: NO (bug in tracker from 2012-05; no comments)
- nosehtmloutput: ?
- pep8: Supports Python 3
- pyflakes: Supports Python 3
- pylint: Wall of shame says yes, pypi says no.
- pyzmq: Supports 2.6-2.7, 3.2+
- redis: Supports 2.5-2.7, 3.2+
- setuptools-git: 2.4-2.7, 3.1-3.3
- sphinx: Supports Python 3
- testtools: ?
- webtest: 2.6-2.7, 3.2-3.3