This is an attempt to document which OpenStack dependencies work under Python 3. We're starting with oslo, since it's the base of everything else, then gradually including other projects.
- argparse - included with Python 2.7+. The separate package is only needed for 2.6.
- mox - NO (maybe try to rewrite tests using mock instead?)
- nose - supports Python 3
- nose-exclude - 2.6-2.7, 3.1-3.3
- testtools - 2.6-2.7, 3.2-3.3
- coverage - supports 2.3-3.3
- sphinx - supports Python 3
- PasteDeploy: supports 2.5-3.2 (lack of 3.3 may be false negative because 3.3 is new)
- WebOb: supports 2.6-2.7, 3.2 (lack of 3.3 may be false negative)
- eventlet: NO (MAJOR PAIN POINT) (gevent doesn't either, though there are some old forks that tried)
- greenlet: supports 2.4-3.2 (lack of 3.3 may be false negative)
- lxml: supports 2.4-3.3
- routes: NO (stackoverflow shows a failed porting attempt in 2012-07)
- iso8601: NO
- anyjson: 2.4-3.1 (lack of 3.2-3.3 may be false negatives)
- kombu: supports Python 3 (exact version not given)
- argparse: included in Python 2.7+
- stevedore: supports 2.7 and 3.2 (lack of 3.3 may be false negative; ask Doug Hellman)
- SQLAlchemy: supports Python 3 (exact version not given)
- qpid-python: ?
- distribute: 2.4-3.3
- coverage: 2.3-3.3
- fixtures: supports Python 3 (exact version not given)
- mock: 2.5-3.3
- mox: NO (maybe try to rewrite tests using mock instead?)
- mysql-python: NO (maybe try pymysql instead?)
- nose: Supports Python 3
- nose-exclude: ?
- nosexcover: NO (bug in tracker from 2012-05; no comments)
- nosehtmloutput: ?
- pep8: Supports Python 3
- pyflakes: Supports Python 3
- pylint: Wall of shame says yes, pypi says no.
- pyzmq: Supports 2.6-2.7, 3.2+
- redis: Supports 2.5-2.7, 3.2+
- setuptools-git: 2.4-2.7, 3.1-3.3
- sphinx: Supports Python 3
- testtools: 2.6-2.7, 3.2-3.3
- webtest: 2.6-2.7, 3.2-3.3