Difference between revisions of "PublicCloudSIG"
(Created page with "'''Status''': Active '''Chairs''': * Tobias Rydberg <email@example.com> * Howard Huang <firstname.lastname@example.org> The aim of this group is to represent the interests...")
Latest revision as of 08:40, 24 April 2019
* Tobias Rydberg <email@example.com> * Howard Huang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The aim of this group is to represent the interests of the OpenStack public cloud provider community, and to further adoption of OpenStack public cloud usage.
- 1 Purpose
- 2 Sessions related to Public Cloud WG in Vancouver May 2018
- 2.1 Public Cloud track
- 2.2 Title: The largest global public cloud footprint - Passport Program Phase II
- 2.3 Title: Public Cloud Working Group Session
- 2.4 Title: Upgrading OpenStack - war stories
- 2.5 Title: OpenStack Passport Program - feedback and next step
- 2.6 Title: Missing features in OpenStack for public clouds
- 3 Scope
- 4 Definition
- 5 Members
- 6 Getting Involved
- 7 Communication
- 8 Meetings
- 9 Structure
- Internal: we represent the voice of OS-based public cloud providers towards the rest of OS community
- External: we represent the OS-based cloud providers towards the market (what are our value strengths), the press (what we think), the customers (what we sell), the other non-OS providers (regulation, fair competition etc) especially valid for EU based ones
Public Cloud track
This summit "Public cloud" has its own track.
Title: The largest global public cloud footprint - Passport Program Phase II
When: Tuesday, May 22, 11:50am - 12:30pm
Where: Level One - Room 121-122
Title: Public Cloud Working Group Session
When: Tuesday, May 22, 2:40pm-3:20pm
Where: Level Two - Room 217
Title: Upgrading OpenStack - war stories
When: Tuesday, May 22, 1:50pm-2:30pm
Where: Level Two - Room 220
Title: OpenStack Passport Program - feedback and next step
When: Wednesday, May 23, 3:30pm-4:10pm
Where: Level Two - Room 221-222
Title: Missing features in OpenStack for public clouds
When: Wednesday, May 23, 2:40pm-3:20pm
Where: Level Two - Room 221-222
Agreed goals for Sydney summit are :
OpenStack Public Cloud WG EU Meetup Series
- Planning Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/MEETUPS-2017-publiccloud-wg
- OpenStack Day UK @London (26th September)
- OpenStack Day Nordic @Copenhagen (19th October)
- OpenStack Day France @Paris (21th November)
Keep "Missing features list" up to date with references to specs, status, commits etc
- The (legacy) spreadsheet of missing features is now tracked in launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-publiccloud-wg
- Convert items in list to specs when needed
- Keep the spreadsheet for new items and as reference
- Set the structure for how to work with the list and the specs
Related docs: (legacy) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mf8OAyTzZxCKzYHMgBl-QK_2-XSycSkOjqCyMTIedkA
OpenStack Public Cloud Passport
- Prepaid Coupons valid for any public cloud participating
- Design the technical solution
- Passport in badges at Summit
The NIST definition of a Public Cloud as a deployment model is:
"The cloud infrastructure is provisioned for open use by the general public. It may be owned, managed, and operated by a business, academic, or government organisation, or some combination of them. It exists on the premises of the cloud provider."
This is further expanded within the context of this p by the following:
- Offers publicly accessible native OpenStack APIs.
No formal membership is required. Please introduce yourself and/or fellow colleagues to this SIG using one of the mailing lists below, or by attending one of the IRC meetings.
This group is open to all members of the OpenStack public cloud provider community and supporting vendors.
The current scope and focus of the SIG is defined above. Generally we're looking for people to contribute wherever able and in whatever way they see fit. Feedback is always appreciated!
See below for how to communicate and get involved with the Public Cloud SIG. Aside from the regularly scheduled IRC meetings, a few members also hang out in #openstack-publiccloud on Freenode.
The default communication of our members is via the following open community mailing lists:
- email@example.com for operational discussion of public cloud related OpenStack deployment issues. Please prefix email subject lines with the tag "[publiccloud]".
Please use the hashtag "publiccloud-sig" for tagging any etherpad URLs, code, blog posts and/or other social publishing platforms.
We have one meeting every week, even weeks more adjusted to APAC, odd weeks for Europe. Schedule as follow:
- Bi-weekly on odd weeks on Thursdays at 1400 UTC in IRC channel #openstack-publiccloud
- Bi-weekly on even weeks on Wednesdays at 0700 UTC in IRC channel #openstack-publiccloud
Meeting agenda can be found at https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/publiccloud-wg
Full details (including a calendar file) are available at http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/publiccloud_wg
If you need help getting started with IRC see http://docs.openstack.org/upstream-training/irc.html.
A single group operating over multiple cycles.