PTL Elections March 2016
- Tony Breeds (tonyb) tony at bakeyournoodle dot com
- Tristan Cacqueray (tristanC) tdecacqu at redhat dot com
Elections will be held using CIVS and a Condorcet algorithm (Schulze/Beatpath/CSSD variant). Any tie will be broken using Governance/TieBreaking.
|Nominations open||2016-03-11 00:00 UTC|
|Nominations close||2016-03-17 23:59 UTC|
|Election open||2015-03-18 00:00 UTC|
|Election close||2015-03-24 23:59 UTC|
Every official project team must elect a PTL. PTLs are elected for 6 months. Reference: http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/projects.yaml?id=march-2016-elections
Except otherwise-noted in the project team description, the electorate for a given PTL election are the Foundation individual members that are also committers for one of the team's repositories over the Liberty-Mitaka timeframe (March 4, 2015 00:00 UTC to March 3, 2016 23:59 UTC).
The electorate is requested to confirm their email address in gerrit, review.openstack.org > Settings > Contact Information > Preferred Email, prior to March 17 (UTC), 2016 so that the emailed ballots are mailed to the correct email address.
The electorate is expected to abide by the following general resolution: http://governance.openstack.org/resolutions/20140711-election-activities.html
Any member of an election electorate can propose their candidacy for the same election. Nominees propose their candidacy by submitting a text file to the openstack/election repository. The file must be placed in candidates/<cycle>/<project_name>/<candidate_name>.txt. The candidacy is then confirmed by elections officials through gerrit vote. See documentation below.
How to submit your candidacy
If you are not already familiar with OpenStack development workflow, see this more detailed documentation: http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html
Candidacies now need to be submitted as a text file to the openstack/election repository. Here are the required steps:
- Clone the election repository: git clone git://git.openstack.org/openstack/election ; cd election
- Create a new file candidates/newton/<project_name>/<firstname_surname>.txt containing your candidate statement.
- Commit your candidacy: git add candidates/newton/*/*.txt; git commit -m "Adding <your_name> candidacy for <project_name>"
- Submit your candidacy: git review
- For example if John Doe wants to become the next Nova PTL, he needs to write his candidacy to "candidates/newton/Nova/John Doe.txt"
After it's submitted to gerrit, verification and approval is being done by elections officials. Then the approved candidate list below is updated.
- Chef Openstack
- Community App Catalog
- Openstack Client
- Openstack Ux
- Puppet Openstack
- Quality Assurance
- Release Management
- Stable Branch Maintenance