Ops Meetups Team
Status: Forming, choosing meeting time (as of May 11th, 2016)
Team Organizers: Tom Fifield <email@example.com>, Matt Van Winkle <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Your Name Here!
The Ops Meetups Team is an open team that works towards:
- Keeping the spirit of the ops meetup alive, and ensure it achieves its aims
- Based on community proposals, planning the number and location of events
- Running the session schedule creation process, from the planning etherpad to the final room layout
- Finding and coordinating moderators for the sessions
- Managing "underwriters" - the organisations that sponsor the event
This is an open team that allows those who are passionate about the events, and those dozens who want to host, to join in and make the next successful events.
OpenStack Foundation staff are expected to assist with logistics and provide funding, but this team allocates control in shaping the future events to the community, as we try to answer difficult questions like regional rotations and scaling the event.
This team is expected to persist, and take a leading role in organising all future ops meetups.
- Schedule: Tuesday, 17 of May at 1400 UTC
- #openstack-operators channel
- Please add to first Meeting Agenda: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-meetups-team
- Members will meet regularly using an OpenStack meeting channel on IRC
|0||Gather community consensus that this team is a good idea||https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/AUS-ops-Future-of-op-meetups-organisation||Completed|
|1||Create working group, raise awareness of the intent, and set team meeting details||http://doodle.com/poll/dnvexfz8bafrmzxd#table https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-meetups-team||In progress|
|2||Set a date and venue for pre-Barcelona mid-cycle Ops Meetup||Pending|
|3||Organise Barcelona Ops Meetup||Pending|
|4||Make a plan for future meetups||Pending|