Ops Meetups Team
Status: Active (as of May 17th, 2016)
Team Organizers: Tom Fifield <email@example.com>, Matt Van Winkle <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Your Name Here!
The Ops Meetups Team is an open team that works towards:
- Keeping the spirit of the ops meetup alive, and ensure it achieves its aims
- Based on community proposals, planning the number and location of events
- Running the session schedule creation process, from the planning etherpad to the final room layout
- Finding and coordinating moderators for the sessions
- Managing "underwriters" - the organisations that sponsor the event
This is an open team that allows those who are passionate about the events, and those dozens who want to host, to join in and make the next successful events.
OpenStack Foundation staff are expected to assist with logistics and provide funding, but this team allocates control in shaping the future events to the community, as we try to answer difficult questions like regional rotations and scaling the event.
This team is expected to persist, and take a leading role in organising all future ops meetups.
- Schedule: Tuesday, 31 of May at 1400 UTC
- #openstack-operators channel
- Please add to the Meeting Agenda: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-meetups-team
Generally, the Ops Meetups Team meets every two weeks on Tuesday at 1400 UTC. In the period prior to an upcoming meetup, this may increase to weekly. Stay tuned to the openstack-operators mailing list for meeting announcements and schedule updates.
Previous minutes can usually be found at: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ops_meetups_team/
- Members will meet regularly using an OpenStack meeting channel on IRC
- Outside of meetings, members will communicate on the openstack-operators mailing list, using the subject-line tag '[meetups]'.
This Team's tasks include:
- work out what makes a great ops meetup, and creating a plan to manage the evolution of the event over time (could include: regional rotation, optimal number of participants, evening events, number of rooms in the venue,)
- conduct the scheduling process, including determining sessions and room layouts
- finding moderators for the sessions
- decide approximate regions and dates for events,
- determining venue requirements, issuing a call for venues, and select a venue from it
- at ops meetups, running introduction and feedback sessions, and general "master of ceremony" duties
- working with foundation and venue staff on areas such as:
- Hotel Discounts
|0||Gather community consensus that this team is a good idea||https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/AUS-ops-Future-of-op-meetups-organisation||Completed|
|1||Create working group, raise awareness of the intent, and set team meeting details||http://doodle.com/poll/dnvexfz8bafrmzxd#table https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-meetups-team||Complete|
|2||Set a date and venue for pre-Barcelona mid-cycle Ops Meetup||In Progress|
|3||Organise Barcelona Ops Meetup||Pending|
|4||Make a plan for future meetups||Pending|