OpenStack health tracker
TC members are attached as liaisons to each of the project teams, SIGs, or UC working groups. The idea is for these liaisons to keep up with the general health of the group, understand any issues they encounter, and help them work with the TC on solutions if necessary. Some TC members may be more active within the group than the basic liaison responsibilities imply, but that is not required.
Liaisons should monitor their groups by:
- reading meeting logs or participating in meetings
- watching summit "project update" videos
- reading relevant messages on the mailing list
- talking with the PTL, chair, and other group members
- checking contribution rates and review turnaround times
|App Dev Enablement||zaneb|
|Edge/Massively Distributed Clouds||ttx|
|Release Management||dhellmann, smcginnis|
|Stable Branch Maintenance||fungi, smcginnis|
- Still uses pycrypto 
- freezer and freezer-web-ui missed the Rocky-2 milestone
- murano and murano-dashboard missed the Rocky-2 milestone
- searchlight and searchlight-ui missed the Rocky-1 milestone
- Release forced for searchlight and searchlight-ui for the Rocky-2 milestone
- Still uses pycrypto 
- No project update in Vancouver
- Missed rocky-2 milestone
- Questions from some public cloud providers on whether they can count on it
Update: June 12, ttx
- The team changed leadership in Rocky
- The new team is small, but pretty alive and active
- Mostly contributors in China (AWCloud, China Telecom, China Mobile)
- Drop in activity in Rocky: 45 commits by Rocky-2, to compare with the 245 commits in Queens
- Organizational diversity: 53% of commits are from AWCloud. Reviews are shared between 23% China Telecom, 19% China Mobile, 19% Awcloud. Last cycle with 41% IBM.
- Regular weekly meetings, well run with clear documentation of outcomes
- Tracks completion of Rocky community goals
- A few ML threads, but mostly to discuss things external to the team (new meeting time, stable maint team composition)
- Missed Rocky-2 milestone, but mostly due to a misunderstanding of release policy.
- No project update in Vancouver, but was discussed in meeting: sadly no team member was present.
- Reached out to PTL by email on June 12 for additional concerns / questions.
- zaqar and zaqar-ui missed the Rocky-2 milestone