Difference between revisions of "OpenStack SIGs"
(→Other notes: updated link to OpenStack WG request in Ansible community.)
|Line 45:||Line 45:|
This SIG will essentially be the same group as the OpenStack Working Group in the [https://github.com/ansible/community#groups-we-help Ansible community] (
This SIG will essentially be the same group as the OpenStack Working Group in the [https://github.com/ansible/community#groups-we-help Ansible community] (request ). Most of the community-facilitating infrastructure / information will likely live in OpenStack's community space; however, pointers from one group to the other will be made as needed for clarity / necessity.
Revision as of 17:34, 1 August 2017
OpenStack SIGs are teams within the community where we collaborate to bring unified discussions for all community members who share a common interest. As examples SIGs can be but are not limited to being a first stage in the development of new projects, feature requests, standards adoption, policy implementation, adjacent community work, and just general discussion(s).
SIGs are not restricted in the methods and tools they use to communicate. We do however want to provide guidelines which may help those SIGs who need direction and/or assistance for onboarding.
Currently we have the OpenStack-SIGs mailing list which you can sign up for here: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-sigs When using the mailing list, be sure to add the tag [topic] at the beginning of your subject line. An example of this can be found here: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-sigs/2017-July/000000.html ( the [Openstack-sigs] tag in the example is added by the Mailman software that drives OpenStack mailing lists )
Description: The SIG for SIGs so to speak. A SIG to discuss OpenStack SIGs themselves, to encourage workgroups to become SIGs, accompany them along the way, give them tools and processes to be efficient. More generally, this SIG will discuss how to best close the loop between users and developers of OpenStack. In general Meta SIG consensus can result in additions to this wiki page rather than the creation of an exclusive wiki page as would be the case for other SIGs. Proposal: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-sigs/2017-July/000000.html
Status: Forming (Proposal: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-sigs/2017-July/000013.html)
Description: OpenStack's Ansible SIG is a community of practice and collaboration for developers, operators, and end users of OpenStack with Ansible. Its purpose is to facilitate cross-project collaboration amongst Ansible-related OpenStack projects and efforts, and to provide a broader feedback loop between operators and users of Ansible in OpenStack clouds and developers of Ansible-related tools for deploying, operating, and managing services in OpenStack Clouds. The Ansible SIG also facilitates awareness of improvements, project timelines, or issues relating to OpenStack in the Ansible project community, and aspires to grow the collective pool of contributors across both open source projects.
- Provide a unified source of Ansible + OpenStack related information for developers, operators, and consumers of OpenStack cloud infrastructure
- Build / consolidate knowledge around best practices and existing roles or playbooks for operators and users
- Grow the pool of maintainers and knowledge around development for Ansible's OpenStack modules (and the Shade library) and better understand how they are used by operators / end users
- Others: TBD!
- Users of Ansible to deploy, manage, and/or consume OpenStack and OpenStack services
- Contributors and/or users of various Ansible-related OpenStack projects, OpenStack modules in Ansible, and/or Ansible roles for use in or with OpenStack
- Anyone curious about using Ansible and OpenStack together
- Robyn Bergeron (rbergeron)
- Another Ansible+OpenStack Enthusiast, TBD
- Wiki: TBD, likely https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Ansible_SIG
- Mailing list: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-sigs; [ansible] for the tag
- IRC: TBD, likely #ansible-openstack
- Meetings: TBD, #openstack-meeting-$somenumber; Agenda / details to be linked on SIG page + meetings list
This SIG will essentially be the same group as the OpenStack Working Group in the Ansible community (OpenStack WG request in Ansible can be found here.). Most of the community-facilitating infrastructure / information will likely live in OpenStack's community space; however, pointers from one group to the other will be made as needed for clarity / necessity.