OpenStack:Horizon User Registration Blueprint
Allow users to register. Right now only admin can create a new user. Option1 1) First create a role (Eg:security_role) in keystone.
2) Then add 'security_role' to following actions (we need to edit /etc/keystone/policy.json) create_user list_projects list_roles create_grant
- This way we can limit the user privileges
3) Create a user (Eg:security_user) with role 'security_role'.
4) Use the credentials of "security_user" to create new user. When the user submit sign-up form:
* First, get the token for "security_user" (Separate keystone API call,
don't use openstack_auth directly)
* Then, get the id of project and domain and submit the "create_user"
* Then, find the id of member role and submit the "create_grant" action.
5) We can add a user table in horizon to store extra user details ?. Or We can save it in keystone in json format
- Add a new signup form in horizon
- Onsubmit event of signup form, send user details to an external service (called it "security service")
- "security service" is nothing it is a webservice (We can use paste.httpserver or flask)
- Why we need an additional service?
* We need admin access to keystone to create a new user. * We can't login to keystone as admin from horizon, that is a security risk, right ?. * So I am planning to login to keystone as admin from "security service" * "security service" will makes an API call to keystone to create a new user * We can also save additional user details in the field 'text' of keystaon's 'user' table as json object. Or use our on Local DB.
- Security service creates user in disable mode and return the response back to horizon
- horizon will send account activation url to user's email id.
- Once the user clicks on activation link, flow is again same. First comes to horizon, then to 'security service' and makes keystone api call for user activation.