Note: This SDK is currently being developed. It's not ready to be used in application development as the API will be changing.
"Note: There is another OpenStack SDK for consideration https://github.com/gophercloud/gophercloud "
This is a proposed OpenStack project that is designed to improve the experience of OpenStack end-users who are using the Go programming language by providing them with everything they need to develop applications against OpenStack.
What's in an SDK?: An SDK is more than just a set of APIs provided to you. A complete SDK provides a consumer focused API for interacting with the system, and it additionally includes:
- Documentation aimed at users consuming the SDK and system.
- Clear examples of usage, including functioning, executable examples.
The primary target for this package is application developers who develop against OpenStack. This does not include those who develop OpenStack itself or operate it. These are developers looking to consume a feature-rich OpenStack Cloud with its many services. These Developers require a consistent, single namespace API ("Application Programming Interface") that allows them to build and deploy their application with minimal dependencies.
- Feel native to developers working in Go.
- Support multiple API versions for each service (e.g., Nova API v1 and v2).
- Provide a method for vendor extensions. Numerous vendors have extensions. There needs to be a method to support these to aid the end developer.
The developers use IRC in #openstack-sdks on freenode for development discussion.