Octavia/Weekly Meeting Agenda
- Review progress on gerrit reviews and blueprints
- Discuss: Use storyboard instead of launchpad for blueprints?
- Vote on whether haproxy.cfg should be rendered in the amphora or the amphora driver
- Vote on whether we should keep meetings in IRC or move back to webex
- Discuss use of Pecan, WSME, and jsonschema for the API
- Briefly discuss Octavia/Non-arbitrary Decisions wiki page
- Briefly discuss v0.5 component design under review, Brandon's initial database migrations, push for consensus on that.
- Get consensus on name of "thingy" doing the load balancing (VM / appliance / device / strategy / toaster / whatever)
- Please share your input: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/octavia-backend-name
- Discuss where haproxy config should be rendered (controller, driver, or Octavia VM / appliance)(Driver, of course.)
- Discuss DB model around loadbalancer VIPs in relation to different front-end topologies and how be to represent these abstractly
- Discuss blueprints here, look for volunteers: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/octavia/
- Review action items from last week
- Review German's benchmarks related to 1 haproxy process per listener, or 1 haproxy process per loadbalancer
- Ready to accept v0.5 component design?
- Ready to accept Brandon's initial database migrations?
- Any other action items with progress to report
- Poll for consensus on:
- 1 haproxy process per listener, or 1 haproxy process per loadbalancer
- Discuss where haproxy config should be rendered (on controller, or on Octavia VM).
- Discuss ideas for increasing project velocity
- Review prioritized action items list, look for volunteers for high-priority items
- Revisit some basic features of LBaaS Object model and API:
- Should 'loadbalancer' be the only root object
- Get consensus on whether we allow child objects to be shared
- Should we allow sharing of pools by L7 policies within a single Listener parent?
- Get consensus on initial project direction implementation detail: One haproxy instance per loadbalancer, vs one haproxy instance per listener?
- Volunteers to run benchmarks?
- Decide what else needs changed in v0.5 design before it can be approved and implementation work started: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/113458/
- Decide where to document semi-arbitrary "get consensus on" decisions so we don't end up revisiting them more frequently than necessary, and so new-comers can get up to speed on the the decisions and reasoning behind them if and when these get revisited at some much later date.
- Discuss action items for team members for next week / coming weeks
- Do we want to build off what is in gerrit, get v2 rolling github, wait for neutron-labs?
- Creating the skeleton code/interfaces for Octavia development
- Begin work actually writing implementations where it makes sense
- Review this after it's updated post meeting: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/114671/
- Discuss future of Octavia in light of Neutron-incubator project proposal.
- Discuss operator networking requirements (carryover from last week)
- Discuss v0.5 component design proposal: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/113458/
- Discuss timeline on moving these meetings to IRC.
- Discuss Octavia constitution and project direction documents currently under gerrit review:
- Discuss reviews of design proposals currently under gerrit review:
- Discuss operator network topology requirements based on data currently being collected by HP, Rackspace and Blue Box. (Other operators are certainly welcome to collect and share their data as well! I'm looking at you, Ebay. ;) )