Is to listen, and aggregate, feedback on the desired capabilities for the OpenStack platform from multiple key sources including the contributor community (PTLs & contributors), Operators, App Developers, OpenStack vendors, and Services Providers. Finally, we will also help users and vendors be successful with adoption of the platform by leveraging additional development resources on areas that are identified as high impact by removing barriers to adoption/operation.
- [Collect Feedback] Gather, increase detail and context, prioritize and transparently report customer (developer, end user, and vendor) feedback about the current state/capabilities/and use experiences of OpenStack
- [Categorize and increase context] Provide the data and context so that focus can be better defined for each release of OpenStack
- [Transparently report] Increase transparency for prioritization/resolution of consolidated feedback from stakeholders
- [Transparently and consistently prioritize] Development of clear and transparently communicated criteria/process for what gets into what release.
- [Increased uniformity of EPICs Use Cases]
- [Providing dual roles: a place that collects all user/admin/Customer/operator requirements. Breaking it down into theme and manageable engineering tasks. Generating roadmaps, theme and getting buy in. And then generating OpenStack community message to user/admin/Customer/operator/all what OpenStack is driving over multiple releases over all projects.]
[Help Drive Adoption of the Roadmap]
This group should also be responsible for gathering "operator" requirements along with other types of requirements. We should understand how to leverage/involved in other existing working groups, like Operators, WinTheEnterprise, Personas, NFV/Telco, End Users/App Developers, etc.
We had a midcycle meeting and reduced our next steps into three parts.
- Socialization of the Roadmap Concept. This is mostly gathering data right now. Find the data here.
- Roadmap Definition. We identified the major groups in OpenStack and expect the Project Management group to fill the gap identified. The roadmap Definition is being developed here.
- Cross Project. This is collaboration with the cross project work that was started in Paris.