Difference between revisions of "Nova/VersionedNotificationTransformation"
(→How to do it)
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
== Tasks ==
== Tasks ==
Please use the https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/versioned-notification-transformation-
Please use the https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/versioned-notification-transformation-topic for the transformation commits
Revision as of 16:02, 26 January 2018
Transform every legacy notification to the new versioned notification framework.
How to do it
- Check the notification devref that describes the new framework: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/notifications.html
- Check the existing transformation patches that are merged: http://burndown.peermore.com/nova-notification/
- Select a transformation from the table on http://burndown.peermore.com/nova-notification/ You can take a patch with status TODO or you can check if a patch that is INPROGRESS needs help.
- Propose a transformation patch based on the examples.
- Make sure that you create a new sample file under doc/notificaiton_samples/
- Make sure that you add a notification sample test under nova/tests/functional/notification_sample_test/
- If you got stuck you can ask questions from gibi on IRC or join the weekly notification subteam meeting https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/NovaNotification
Please use the https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/versioned-notification-transformation-rocky topic for the transformation commits
The burndown chart is updated hourly from gerrit. You can see what to transform and what to review there.
There are three types of transformations:
- category: instance-payload: The easy ones that uses the same payload as instance.delete
- category: extended-instance-payload: The complex instance.<action> notifications that needs payload extension.
- category: specific-payload: The rest that needs specific payload
If something doesn't show up on the burndown then please ping gibi on IRC.