This page is for tracking things that we should be doing in the code before or after each release.
- Merge latest translations
- Bump rpc major versions. See RpcMajorVersionUpdates
- If products drop out of support, or have stopped being tested, we should ensure we warn users, so we have the option to remove them in the following release, if needed. In other words, make sure that the release notes are up to date, especially the upgrade notes.
- Ideally add the RPC version alias just before opening the next release
- Add a reno 'prelude' section describing the most important changes in the release
- Make sure there are no *-rc-potential bugs in launchpad, or anything that was an rc-potential bug is properly deferred.
- Add database migration placeholders to allow backportable DB migrations. For example, Pike backports added in Queens: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/496932/
- Drop old rpc compat code. See RpcMajorVersionUpdates
- Update version aliases for rpc outbound version control. For example, the Newton RPC aliases were added in Ocata: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/386625/
- Bump the oldest supported compute service version https://review.opendev.org/#/c/738482/6/nova/objects/service.py