- 1 OpenStack Compute Program
OpenStack Compute Program
|Official name||OpenStack Compute|
Python Nova client
- Michael Still (mikal)
- Feature Drivers
- Code Reviewers
- Blueprint Czar (responsible for maintenance of Nova's blueprint lists)
- John Garbutt (johnthetubaguy)
- Bug Czar (responsible for organizing Nova's bug team that maintains Nova's bug list)
- Tracy Jones (tjones)
- Gate Czar (on top of the status of Nova in the CI gate)
- Joe Gordon (jog0)
- Previous PTLs
- Vish Ishaya (vishy), project beginning until Grizzly release
- Russell Bryant (russellb), Havana and Icehouse releases
- Nova releases are now done by providing the Release Manager with a git SHA to tag
- Client releases are done by following Nova/Client Release Process
Resources for Contributors
The Nova team meets weekly: Meetings/Nova. In addition to a project-wide Nova gathering each week, there are some sub-teams. These sub-teams get together to discuss work going on in a focused area of Nova.
Notes on Sub-teams:
- The linked wiki page should include:
- The mission of the team
- A regular meeting time
- A coordinator / point of contact
- Meeting Agenda
- Links to logs from previous meetings
- A sub-team representative should regularly attend the main Nova meeting to provide a sub-team status report.
- A sub-team is *not* exclusively responsible for an area of code. Anyone is welcome to contribute anywhere. However, you are encouraged to communicate regularly with others working in the same area as you and sub-teams help encourage that.
- A sub-team is about organizing development efforts, but not necessarily setting direction for the project in a given area. Review of patches is still done by the nova-core team and it is beneficial to publish designs to the openstack-dev mailing list for vetting in advance.