This page tracks the project plan for Neutron. Please note this only tracks blueprints of high and critical priority, and a handful of medium priority blueprints which are of importance to the community.
Juno Release Logistics
The Juno_Release_Schedule is available for viewing. This highlights the dates for Juno development.
Please note Neutron does observe the FeatureProposalFreeze, which is on August 21, 2014. This means any features which do not have a blueprint accepted in the neutron-specs repository and which do not have code proposed to gerrit will not make the Juno release.
Neutron Release Timelines
The following are the dates to be aware of for Neutron in the Juno release:
- June 12 (-12): Juno-1
- June 17-19 (-11): Neutron LBaaS Sprint
- July 9-11 (-9): Neutron Mid-Cycle Sprint
- July 10 (-9): Spec Proposal Deadline (SPD)
- Jul 20 (-7): Spec Approval Deadline (SAD)
- Jul 24 (-6): Juno-2
- Aug 21 (-2): Feature proposal freeze
- Sep 4 ( 0): Juno-3 Feature freeze
- Merged J specs with no code proposed get deleted from neutron-specs repo
- K opens for spec proposals, unmerged J spec proposals must rebase and be reapproved
- Sep 25 (+3): RC 1 build expected
- K spec review approvals start
- Oct 16 (+6): Release! (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Juno_Release_Schedule)
- Oct 30: K summit spec proposal freeze
- Nov 6: K design summit
For Juno, the Neutron team is conducting two mid-cycle sprints focused on key areas of Juno development. These sprints are targeted as coding sprints and will be 3 days each. The idea is to close on coding items by having team members collaborate in close proximity with core team members available for quick turnaround of patch reviews and merging.
The first sprint is the neutron LBaaS sprint. Please see the etherpad for dates and more details.
The second sprint is the neutron nova-network parity sprint. Please see the etherpad for dates and more details.
The key community feature for Neutron in Juno is around nova-network parity. Please see the page Neutron Gap Coverage for specific details on the plan agreed upon by the TC for achieving this in Juno. These tasks will be tracked in this project plan.
- Neutron DB migrations
- Distributed Virtual Router (DVR) implementation
- Neutron full-job bugs:
- nova-network API calls which are missing in neutron
- provider network SLAAC support
- RA support
- SLAAC support
- Refactoring the core to use pecan
- Flavor framework
- FWaaS integration with flavors
- LBaaS integration with flavors
- Make Neutron the default in devstack
- nova-network to neutron migration script
- grenade testing for nova-network to neutron migrations
- Remove OVS and Linuxbridge plugins from the source tree
- New object model and new API
- oslo.messaging port
- Group-Based Policy abstractions in Neutron
- HA for L3 routers
- Current spec review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/94175/
- Firewall rule service objects
Juno-3 (8-21-2014, FPF)
- Tasks library
- Service insertion, chaining, and steering
- NFV sub-project needs this. Need to break this up and prioritize it a bit.
- FWaaS integration
- Barbican integration
- L7, SSL
- Barbican integration
- Flavor framework integration