Meeting time: The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings alternating between Mondays at 2100 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and Tuesdays at 1400 UTC (#openstack-meeting). Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
Carl Baldwin (2015-06-01)
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Tuesday (6/2/2015) at 1400 UTC on #openstack-meeting
NOTE: This meeting will cover the Design Summit ether pads and session planning for the Vancouver Summit
Announcements / Reminders
- The Summit is behind us. Some things to note:
- New release versioning
- No longer doing stable point releases
- Neutron Liberty mid-cycle announcements
- June 24-26 in Fort Collins, CO (HP offices)
- June 30 - July 2 in Raanana, Israel (Red Hat offices)
- Neutron Policies are documented here:
- Ironic-Neutron integration weekly meetings was kicked off this week - Lots of interest in this topic . Anybody interested in this topic, please join us next week and every week after that. (added by Sukhdev)
-  DBDeadlock: (OperationalError) (1213, 'Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction') 'DELETE FROM ipallocationpools WHERE ipallocationpools.id
-  DBDuplicateEntry when creating secgroup
-  Security group rules errorneously applied to all ports having same ip addresses in different networks
-  ping still working after security group rule is created, updated, or deleted (related to previous one)
These bugs are in nova but are related to neutron. It would be great if we could get neutron reviews on:
- Merged  Remove unneeded call to fetch network info on shutdown - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on detach_interface - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on rebuild_instance - arosen
- Merged  Optimize validate_networks to query neutron only when needed - arosen
-  deallocate_for_instance should delete all neutron ports on error - arosen
-  Fix port_security_enabled neutron extension - arosen
-  Fix pre-created ports in neutron from being deleted by nova - arosen
Networking Guide Doc Day: April 23rd 2015
Open Items for Kilo: (reviewd needed)
On Demand Agenda
- New specs process
- No deadlines
- Please file a bug (RFE) with the "what" you want, not the how.
- Specs not necessary in most of the cases.
- If a spec is necessary, the template is now slimmed down.
- Already-posted specs will be reviewed until Liberty-1 passes, at which time the new process must be followed.
- nova-network compatibility tasks
- "split the reference implementation" spec
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.