Meeting time: The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings alternating between Mondays at 2100 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and Tuesdays at 1400 UTC (#openstack-meeting). Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
- Anita Kuno (50/50 chance I'll make it, depends on traffic)
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Tuesday (4/21/2015) at 1400 UTC on #openstack-meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- Kilo-RC1 is out:
- python-neutronclient 2.4.0 is out
- Neutron Liberty mid-cycle announcement
- Neutron Policies are documented here:
-  DBDeadlock: (OperationalError) (1213, 'Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction') 'DELETE FROM ipallocationpools WHERE ipallocationpools.id
-  DBDuplicateEntry when creating secgroup
-  Security group rules errorneously applied to all ports having same ip addresses in different networks
-  ping still working after security group rule is created, updated, or deleted (related to previous one)
These bugs are in nova but are related to neutron. It would be great if we could get neutron reviews on:
- Merged  Remove unneeded call to fetch network info on shutdown - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on detach_interface - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on rebuild_instance - arosen
- Merged  Optimize validate_networks to query neutron only when needed - arosen
-  deallocate_for_instance should delete all neutron ports on error - arosen
-  Fix port_security_enabled neutron extension - arosen
-  Fix pre-created ports in neutron from being deleted by nova - arosen
Networking Guide Doc Day: April 23rd 2015
Open Items for Kilo: (feedback needed)
On Demand Agenda
- Liberty Design Summit Sessions Discussion
- Nova-Network to Neutron Migration
- Neutron as the default in DevStack
- Moving stackforge/networking-* repos into openstack/ and under the Neutron team. (russellb)
- 1) Request to consider stackforge/networking-ovn an effort owned by the Neutron team in terms of OpenStack governance.
- 2) If #1 makes sense, what other networking-foo repos make sense to be considered Neutron team efforts? What criteria should be used?
- Neutron LBaaS (xgerman or ajmiller): We ran into the problem that if an admin user adds a loadbalancer he can specify any, even a wrong id. We have been referred to https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1200585 and we don't agree with the consensus that because an admin knows what they are doing there shouldn't be any validation/verification of that parameter.
- neutron-lib, let's get it rolling! (dougwig)
- Nova-Neutron cross project
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.