Meeting time: The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings alternating between Mondays at 2100 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and Tuesdays at 1400 UTC (#openstack-meeting). Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Monday (3/10/2015) at 1400 UTC on #openstack-meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- Kilo dates to be aware of:
- Kilo-3 LP page:
- OpenStack Client IRC meetings
- Neutron Policies are documented here:
-  Ensure a smooth upgrade path after adv svc split
-  Failure to allocate tunnel id when creating networks concurrently
-  br-tun lost ports/flows if openvswitch restart
-  Security group rules errorneously applied to all ports having same ip addresses in different networks
-  ping still working after security group rule is created, updated, or deleted (related to previous one)
These bugs are in nova but are related to neutron. It would be great if we could get neutron reviews on:
- Merged  Remove unneeded call to fetch network info on shutdown - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on detach_interface - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on rebuild_instance - arosen
- Merged  Optimize validate_networks to query neutron only when needed - arosen
-  deallocate_for_instance should delete all neutron ports on error - arosen
-  Fix port_security_enabled neutron extension - arosen
-  Fix pre-created ports in neutron from being deleted by nova - arosen
Open Items for Kilo: (feedback needed)
On Demand Agenda
- Should the *aas repos be depending on neutron HEAD?
- Depending on a known-good git hash would separate development effort from ensuring compatibility with neutron
- Periodic jobs could be used to detect when compatibility has been broken
- The future of Xen + OVS support
- Does anyone care enough to devote resources to ensuring continued support, or should we deprecate?
- Plugin Decomposition Status and Updates
- Nova-Network to Neutron Migration
- Neutron as the default in DevStack
- Report on progress of "MTU selection and advertisement" blueprint implementation.
- Proposal to remove py3* from the default tox envlist for now to address "fail blindness" Review 137516
- Only default tox envlist. Environments are still there, `tox -e$venv` is unchanged.
- Plan is to restore it when it is expected to pass (ie: blocked on eventlet).
- Breathe, it's going to be ok :-)
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.