Meeting time: The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings alternating between Mondays at 2100 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and Tuesdays at 1400 UTC (#openstack-meeting). Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Monday (1/13/2015) at 1400 UTC on #openstack-meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- Kilo-2 is one month from today (February 5):
- Bi-weekly meetings to discuss L2 Gateway API are scheduled every other Monday at 1800 UTC (added by Sukhdev)
- Neutron Policies are documented here:
-  test_server_connectivity_pause_unpause fails with "AssertionError: False is not true : Timed out waiting for 172.24.4.64 to become reachable"
-  Ensure a smooth upgrade path after adv svc split
-  Race to delete shared subnet in Tempest neutron full jobs
-  Failure to allocate tunnel id when creating networks concurrently
-  br-tun lost ports/flows if openvswitch restart
-  Security group rules errorneously applied to all ports having same ip addresses in different networks
-  ping still working after security group rule is created, updated, or deleted (related to previous one)
These bugs are in nova but are related to neutron. It would be great if we could get neutron reviews on:
- Merged  Remove unneeded call to fetch network info on shutdown - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on detach_interface - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on rebuild_instance - arosen
- Merged  Optimize validate_networks to query neutron only when needed - arosen
-  deallocate_for_instance should delete all neutron ports on error - arosen
-  Fix port_security_enabled neutron extension - arosen
-  Fix pre-created ports in neutron from being deleted by nova - arosen
This issue is still happening
As suggested in last weeks meeting, there is a new BZ https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1398566. This needs confirmation so it can be given appropriate status. In the live systems where it shows up it is rather awkward to work around as you basically have to shutdown all of the agents before restarting the API server.
I've put a patch up for review.
The steps to reproduce are very timing and order dependent. I've created video demonstration on how I've simulated a loaded environment and the steps to reproduce, a discussion of Vincent Untz's patch that my patch is derived from and a demonstration of the fix http://youtu.be/-nL1gyL3KL8 and http://youtu.be/XUY82_a7k5Q . I apologize for the blurry text quality - but the HD transcoding is completed now so if you set the playback to 1080p, it is what you see IRL.
Open Items for Kilo:
On Demand Agenda
- Nova-Network to Neutron Migration
- Seeking advice on setup for VPN testing with DevStack in VMs
- There are currently no functional tests for VPN. Is there a reason that this isn't being tackled first? It should be possible to validate the majority of use cases with functional testing and avoid the complex requirements proposed here. (marun)
- Tried single DevStack (VM) and two routers - issue restricting visibility between private networks.
- Tried two VMs, each running devstack - issues with pinging public IPs on other end, and getting Nova VMs to start (stuck in paused power state).
- Quick walk through of Kilo-2 specs
- Compiling a list of Neutron upgrades implementation status and known problems
- upgrading running systems with no downtime - what are the major issues?
- upgrade compatibility: oslo.versionedobjects adoption status
- upgrade compatibility: other areas of focus and known problems
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.