Meeting time: The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings alternating between Mondays at 2100 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and Tuesdays at 1400 UTC (#openstack-meeting). Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Monday (9/15/2014) at 2100 UTC on #openstack-meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- All Juno-RC1 BPs have now been completed
- You may want to change your Freenode password
- Neutron Policies are documented here:
These are new failures seen in gate:
-  Lock wait timeout adding ipavailabilityranges
-  Lock wait timeout adding ipallocationpools
-  Lock wait timeout adding vip to vips table
These bugs are in nova but are related to neutron. It would be great if we could get neutron reviews on:
- Merged  Remove unneeded call to fetch network info on shutdown - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on detach_interface - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on rebuild_instance - arosen
- Merged  Optimize validate_networks to query neutron only when needed - arosen
-  deallocate_for_instance should delete all neutron ports on error - arosen
-  Fix port_security_enabled neutron extension - arosen
-  Fix pre-created ports in neutron from being deleted by nova - arosen
Team Discussion Topics
- Final Juno client release
- Kilo Design Summit Topics Etherpad
Nova Parity (markmcclain)
- Gap 0: DB Migrations (complete):
Thanks to salv-orlando, HenryG, jlibsova, Ann and others for working on this.
- Gap 1: Tempest Testing (complete)
- Full Tempest Job is voting (with service plugins disable for other projects)
- (mlavelle tracking this item)
- Gap 2: Grenade Testing
- Gap 3: Neutron as the default in devstack
- Gap 4: Missing API calls
- Audit complete. Based on bug discussion no missed calls to add.
- Gap 5: Neutron replacement for Nova multi-host
- Gap 6: nova-net to neutron migration
- Gap 7: Document Open Source Options
- Planned for late Juno-2/3 no updates here.
- Note: (emagana) The docs team has decided to not document all available options for plugins/drivers even if they are open-sourced.
- The only options documented will be the default ones (i.e. ML2 with OVS).
Open Items for Juno:
(Need more volunteers)
High Priority Tickets:
Neutron Tempest (mlavalle)
- Full Tempest Test Update (salv-orlando)
- Scenario tests under review:
- api tests pending to merge
- List of api tests merged:
- Patchsets merged between 6/28 and 7/7
- Patchsets merged between 6/9 and 6/16
- Patchsets merged bewteen 5/20 and 5/26
- Patchsets merged between 5/5 and 5/19
- Patchsets merged beween 4/22 and 4/28
- Patchsets merged between 4/8 and 4/14
- Patchsets merged between 4/1 and 4/7
- Patchsets merged between 3/25 and 3/31
- Patchsets merged between 3/18 and 3/24
- Patchsets merged between 3/11 and 3/17
- Patchsets merged between 3/3 and 3/10
- Patchsets merged between 2/25 and 3/2
- Patchsets merged between 2/17 and 2/24
Team meeting on Thursdays at 1500 UTC
- Code accepted in oslo-rootwrap!
- Won't make it in Neutron. -2s never reconsidered as discussed.
Advanced Services (SumitNaiksatam)
No updates - work suspended in lieu of Juno bug fixing and stabilization
Group Policy (SumitNaiksatam)
- Status of work (if any) around creating the Neutron Incubator and also the possibility of using feature branches
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.