The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings in
#openstack-meeting on Monday at 2100 UTC. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- Juno-3 is approaching fast
- Deprecation: The Cisco monolithic plugin will no longer support the Cisco Nexus sub-plugin in Juno. The Nexus is now supported in ML2.
- Deprecation: The Mellanox monolithic plugin is being deprecated in Juno. The same functionality is supported by Mellanox ML2 Mechanism Driver.
- Neutron Policies are documented here:
These are new failures seen in gate:
-  Lock wait timeout adding ipavailabilityranges
-  Lock wait timeout adding ipallocationpools
-  Lock wait timeout adding vip to vips table
These bugs are in nova but are related to neutron. It would be great if we could get neutron reviews on:
- Merged  Remove unneeded call to fetch network info on shutdown - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on detach_interface - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on rebuild_instance - arosen
- Merged  Optimize validate_networks to query neutron only when needed - arosen
-  deallocate_for_instance should delete all neutron ports on error - arosen
-  Fix port_security_enabled neutron extension - arosen
-  Fix pre-created ports in neutron from being deleted by nova - arosen
Team Discussion Topics
- Neutron CI Systems
- Neutron Incubator Proposal Status
Nova Parity (markmcclain)
- Gap 0: DB Migrations (complete):
Thanks to salv-orlando, HenryG, jlibsova, Ann and others for working on this.
- Gap 1: Tempest Testing (complete)
- Full Tempest Job is voting (with service plugins disable for other projects)
- (mlavelle tracking this item)
- Gap 2: Grenade Testing
- Gap 3: Neutron as the default in devstack
- On hold pending completion of gap 2
- Gap 4: Missing API calls
- Audit complete. Based on bug discussion no missed calls to add.
- Gap 5: Neutron replacement for Nova multi-host
- Gap 6: nova-net to neutron migration
- Gap 7: Document Open Source Options
- Planned for late Juno-2/3 no updates here.
- Note: (emagana) The docs team has decided to not document all available options for plugins/drivers even if they are open-sourced.
- The only options documented will be the default ones (i.e. ML2 with OVS).
Open Items for Juno:
(Need more volunteers)
High Priority Tickets:
Medium Priority Tickets:
Neutron Tempest (mlavalle)
- Full Tempest Test Update (salv-orlando)
- Scenario tests under review:
- api tests pending to merge
- List of api tests merged:
- Patchsets merged between 6/28 and 7/7
- Patchsets merged between 6/9 and 6/16
- Patchsets merged bewteen 5/20 and 5/26
- Patchsets merged between 5/5 and 5/19
- Patchsets merged beween 4/22 and 4/28
- Patchsets merged between 4/8 and 4/14
- Patchsets merged between 4/1 and 4/7
- Patchsets merged between 3/25 and 3/31
- Patchsets merged between 3/18 and 3/24
- Patchsets merged between 3/11 and 3/17
- Patchsets merged between 3/3 and 3/10
- Patchsets merged between 2/25 and 3/2
- Patchsets merged between 2/17 and 2/24
Team meeting on Thursdays at 1500 UTC
- neutron-ovs-dvr (meeting page)
- Please see how to page. Need people willing to grab code and test.
- Original patches are merged.
- Juno-3 timeframe will be used for backlog work and hardening.
- Working on getting experimental DVR test to pass all tempest tests.
- Would like to know today if the -2 can be removed from the spec and code to attempt to make progress. I still feel this is important for performance and has good return on investment potential.
Advanced Services (SumitNaiksatam)
Group Policy (SumitNaiksatam)
(Work is in progress for the items below, no new updates)
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.