The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings in
#openstack-meeting on Monday at 2100 UTC. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- Juno-3 is fast approaching
These are new failures seen in gate:
-  Lock wait timeout adding ipavailabilityranges
-  Lock wait timeout adding ipallocationpools
-  Lock wait timeout adding vip to vips table
These bugs are in nova but are related to neutron. It would be great if we could get neutron reviews on:
- Merged  Remove unneeded call to fetch network info on shutdown - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on detach_interface - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on rebuild_instance - arosen
- Merged  Optimize validate_networks to query neutron only when needed - arosen
-  deallocate_for_instance should delete all neutron ports on error - arosen
-  Fix port_security_enabled neutron extension - arosen
-  Fix pre-created ports in neutron from being deleted by nova - arosen
Team Discussion Topics
- Linuxbridge and OVS plugins will be removed from the tree this week or next
Nova Parity (markmcclain)
- Gap 0: DB Migrations (complete):
Thanks to salv-orlando, HenryG, jlibsova, Ann and others for working on this.
- Gap 1: Tempest Testing
- (mlavelle tracking this item)
- Gap 2: Grenade Testing
- Work resumed now that Gap 0 has closed.
- Gap 3: Neutron as the default in devstack
- On hold pending Gaps 0 and 2
- Gap 4: Missing API calls
- Audit complete. Based on bug discussion no missed calls to add.
- Gap 5: Neutron replacement for Nova multi-host
- (carl_baldwin tracking as part of DVR work)
- Gap 6: nova-net to neutron migration
- Gap 7: Document Open Source Options
- Planned for late Juno-2/3 no updates here.
Open Items for Juno:
(Need more volunteers)
High Priority Tickets:
Medium Priority Tickets:
Neutron Tempest (mlavalle)
- Full Tempest Test Update (salv-orlando)
- Scenario tests under review:
- api tests pending to merge
- List of api tests merged:
- Patchsets merged between 6/28 and 7/7
- Patchsets merged between 6/9 and 6/16
- Patchsets merged bewteen 5/20 and 5/26
- Patchsets merged between 5/5 and 5/19
- Patchsets merged beween 4/22 and 4/28
- Patchsets merged between 4/8 and 4/14
- Patchsets merged between 4/1 and 4/7
- Patchsets merged between 3/25 and 3/31
- Patchsets merged between 3/18 and 3/24
- Patchsets merged between 3/11 and 3/17
- Patchsets merged between 3/3 and 3/10
- Patchsets merged between 2/25 and 3/2
- Patchsets merged between 2/17 and 2/24
Team meeting on Thursdays at 1500 UTC
- Will be following up on the following bugs newly tagged with l3-ipam-dhcp
- neutron-ovs-dvr (meeting page)
- Patches are being updated more aggresively. bp/neutron-ovs-dvr gerrit topic. See How To for notes on where you should be reviewing.
- All Jenkins tests have been passing
- Started how to page which we will be working on this week. Need people willing to grab code and test.
- Will soon post a patch to devstack to automate as much of this how to as possible.
- Conversion from legacy router to distributed router not implemented yet. Will follow on with a new patch.
- Blueprint needs review on gerrit topic.
- (carl_baldwin) I'll be implementing this with DVR as a dependency which means I've got to get my DVR test bed off the ground this week.
- Let's get this bp merged! See the gerrit topic for the spec patch.
- Patches are in review on bp/l3-high-availability gerrit topic.
- Will be evaluating these patches along with DVR.
Advanced Services (SumitNaiksatam)
- Weekly Meetings/ML2 are held, please attend if interested!
- Will discuss Juno summit sessions this week and prioritize plans
Group Policy (SumitNaiksatam)
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.