The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings in
#openstack-meeting on Monday at 2100 UTC. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
- 2014-06-23 Edgar Magana (emagana) - Training
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- Mid-Cycle Sprint focused on nova-network parity and core refactoring
These are new failures seen in gate:
-  Lock wait timeout adding ipavailabilityranges
-  Lock wait timeout adding ipallocationpools
-  Lock wait timeout adding vip to vips table
These bugs are in nova but are related to neutron. It would be great if we could get neutron reviews on:
-  Remove unneeded call to fetch network info on shutdown - arosen
-  remove unneeded call to network_api on detach_interface - arosen
-  remove unneeded call to network_api on rebuild_instance - arosen
-  Optimize validate_networks to query neutron only when needed - arosen
-  deallocate_for_instance should delete all neutron ports on error - arosen
-  Fix port_security_enabled neutron extension - arosen
-  Fix pre-created ports in neutron from being deleted by nova - arosen
Team Discussion Topics
- New python-neutronclient release requested
- Flavor discussion with broader team
Nova Parity (markmcclain)
High Priority Tickets:
Medium Priority Tickets:
Neutron Tempest (mlavalle)
- Full Tempest Test Update (salv-orlando)
- Juno design summit
- Scenario tests under review:
- api tests pending to merge
- api tests abandoned (as of 5/5)
- List of api tests merged:
- Patchsets merged between 6/9 and 6/16
- Patchsets merged bewteen 5/20 and 5/26
- Patchsets merged between 5/5 and 5/19
- Patchsets merged beween 4/22 and 4/28
- Patchsets merged between 4/8 and 4/14
- Patchsets merged between 4/1 and 4/7
- Patchsets merged between 3/25 and 3/31
- Patchsets merged between 3/18 and 3/24
- Patchsets merged between 3/11 and 3/17
- Patchsets merged between 3/3 and 3/10
- Patchsets merged between 2/25 and 3/2
- Patchsets merged between 2/17 and 2/24
Team meeting on Thursdays at 1500 UTC
- A few new bugs of "High" importance. All of them have owners but not all of them target a release. Will follow up in this weeks meeting.
- neutron-ovs-dvr (meeting page)
- Patches are being updated more aggresively. bp/neutron-ovs-dvr gerrit topic. See How To for notes on where you should be reviewing.
- Will be pushing to get tests passing on all of the patches.
- Started how to page which we will be working on this week. Need people willing to grab code and test.
- Will soon post a patch to devstack to automate as much of this how to as possible.
- Blueprint needs review on gerrit topic.
- (carl_baldwin) I'll be implementing this with DVR as a dependency which means I've got to get my DVR test bed off the ground this week.
- Blueprint was updated this week, needs reviewing.
Advanced Services (SumitNaiksatam)
- Flavors framework: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/90070, all those who have an opinion please attend the IRC meeting this week, we would like to close on this or some part of this spec during this meeting
- Weekly Meetings/ML2 are held, please attend if interested!
- Will discuss Juno summit sessions this week and prioritize plans
Group Policy (SumitNaiksatam)
- Patches in review (getting decent reviewer attention, more would be great):
- Policy Classifier, Action, Rules
- Ways to mitigate db lock timeout failures (ihrachyshka)
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.