The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings in
#openstack-meeting on Monday at 2100 UTC. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- Juno-1 is a week from Thursday
- Mid-Cycle Sprint focused on nova-network parity and core refactoring
- Mid-Cycle Sprint focused on LBaaS
- "ssh" failures are on the rise in the gate
- Need to prioritize finding root cause for these issues
- Also on the rise for stable/icehouse, trying to find change which was backported and is causing the issue
- MySQL Galera does *not* support SELECT ... FOR UPDATE
- Stable branch is still having stability problems in the test runs.
- Critical Open Bugs
These bugs are in nova but are related to neutron. It would be great if we could get neutron reviews on:
-  Remove unneeded call to fetch network info on shutdown - arosen
-  remove unneeded call to network_api on detach_interface - arosen
-  remove unneeded call to network_api on rebuild_instance - arosen
-  Optimize validate_networks to query neutron only when needed - arosen
-  deallocate_for_instance should delete all neutron ports on error - arosen
-  Fix port_security_enabled neutron extension - arosen
-  Fix pre-created ports in neutron from being deleted by nova - arosen
Team Discussion Topics
- oslo.messaging port here with ihrachyshka.
- OVS firewall driver discussion with asadoughi
High Priority Tickets:
Medium Priority Tickets:
Nova Parity (markmcclain)
Neutron Tempest (mlavalle)
- Full Tempest Test Update (salv-orlando)
- Juno design summit
- api tests pending to merge
- api tests abandoned (as of 5/5)
- List of api tests merged:
- Patchsets merged bewteen 5/20 and 5/26
- Patchsets merged between 5/5 and 5/19
- Patchsets merged beween 4/22 and 4/28
- Patchsets merged between 4/8 and 4/14
- Patchsets merged between 4/1 and 4/7
- Patchsets merged between 3/25 and 3/31
- Patchsets merged between 3/18 and 3/24
- Patchsets merged between 3/11 and 3/17
- Patchsets merged between 3/3 and 3/10
- Patchsets merged between 2/25 and 3/2
- Patchsets merged between 2/17 and 2/24
See Meetings/Neutron-L3-Subteam for detail.
- Team meeting on Thursdays at 1500 UTC.
- No new bugs of "High" importance or higher.
- Active Projects
- neutron-ovs-dvr (meeting page)
- Design summit discussion and etherpad
- Patches have been updated. bp/neutron-ovs-dvr gerrit topic.
- Started how to page which we will be working on this week. Need people willing to grab code and test.
- Discussions about FWaaS integration with DVR. Needs more discussion. Also discussed in FWaaS team meeting.
- IPAM (New topic for May 26th)
- Design summit etherpad discussion
- Beginning review and consolidation of existing related blueprints.
- Will upload a spec for review in neutron-specs repository this week.
- Multiple subnets on external networks (carl_baldwin).
- DNS (carl_baldwin)
Advanced Services (SumitNaiksatam)
Current blockers that need attention from core reviewers
- Weekly Meetings/ML2 are held, please attend if interested!
- Will discuss Juno summit sessions this week and prioritize plans
Group Policy (SumitNaiksatam)
- Critical bug has been downgraded to High, SridarK still investigating if this is actually a FWaaS issue
- FWaaS Juno was submitted during Atlanta summit, please attend IRC meeting to followup: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/FWaaS
- Can we use opencontrail as refimpl for BGPVPN? https://review.openstack.org/#/c/93329/
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.