The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings in
#openstack-meeting. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
- carl_baldwin, April 21. I will be on the road. I will try to follow along but may not have access.
- beagles, April 21. Family dinner for Easter Holiday.
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- A note about the neutron-specs repository
- Mid-Cycle Sprint focused on nova-network parity and core refactoring
This bugs are in nova that are related to neutron that would be great if we could get neutron reviews on:
-  Remove unneeded call to fetch network info on shutdown - arosen
-  remove unneeded call to network_api on detach_interface - arosen
-  remove unneeded call to network_api on rebuild_instance - arosen
-  Optimize validate_networks to query neutron only when needed - arosen
-  deallocate_for_instance should delete all neutron ports on error - arosen
-  Fix port_security_enabled neutron extension - arosen
-  Fix pre-created ports in neutron from being deleted by nova - arosen
- Network Documentation Wiki (Refactoring of the installation guide)
- BPs associated:
High Priority Tickets:
Medium Priority Tickets:
Juno Design Summit (mestery)
- Design Summit Submissions
- Deadline is April 20th (today)
- Remember it is not first-to-file.
- We need a diverse mix of session working on common core and smaller portions of Neutron.
- Working through session planning now.
- If you're proposal is not accepted, this does not mean you can't get your code into Juno
Nova Parity (markmcclain)
(updated April 14, 2014)
- no parity specific updates this week.
Neutron Tempest (mlavalle)
- Full Tempest Test Update (salv-orlando)
- List of api tests merged during Icehouse:
- As of 4/11, two abandoned patchsets
- Patchsets merged between 4/8 and 4/14
- Patchsets merged between 4/1 and 4/7
- Patchsets merged between 3/25 and 3/31
- Patchsets merged between 3/18 and 3/24
- Patchsets merged between 3/11 and 3/17
- Patchsets merged between 3/3 and 3/10
- Patchsets merged between 2/25 and 3/2
- Patchsets merged between 2/17 and 2/24
(carl_baldwin will likely miss the Neutron meeting today due to travel)
See Meetings/Neutron-L3-Subteam for detail.
- Team meeting on Thursdays at 1500 UTC.
- Active Projects
- neutron-ovs-dvr (meeting page)
- WIP is under review on the bp/neutron-ovs-dvr gerrit topic.
- Documentation on ML2 and L3 agent changes is available. Need help reviewing.
- L3 Vendor plugins
- Preparing for discussion at Summit.
- Looking for use case descriptions.
- Created a Wiki Page Describing Use Cases For Dynamic Routing
- Discussed MPLS/BGP Use Case. Could use more feedback.
- Updates to blueprint
- L3 Agent Performance with Wrapper Overhead
- Multiple subnets on external networks for multiple floating ip pools (carl_baldwin).
- This almost works. Need to file and fix a bug.
- DNS blueprints have been posted (carl_baldwin)
- Pluggable External Network blueprint
- Weekly Meetings/ML2 are held, please attend if interested!
- Working towards Juno Summit Sessions
- OVS TypeDriver refactoring
- asomya working to get WIP patch out, discussion around this Wednesday
- OVS Firewall Driver
- asadoughi rebasing his patches, discussion around this Wednesday
Group Policy (SumitNaiksatam)
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.