The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings in
#openstack-meeting. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
-- beagles, April 7, (rough month it seems, band trip meeting for my daughter who is off to London in 2 weeks)
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- --markmcclain (talk) 21:00, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
- We are in stability phase of the cycle.
- Only critical bug fixes will be considered.
- We've held off on fully opening the tree for Juno. The temporary -2s will be removed this week as long as new blueprint process.
This bugs are in nova that are related to neutron that would be great if we could get neutron reviews on:
-  Remove unneeded call to fetch network info on shutdown - arosen
-  remove unneeded call to network_api on detach_interface - arosen
-  remove unneeded call to network_api on rebuild_instance - arosen
-  Optimize validate_networks to query neutron only when needed - arosen
-  deallocate_for_instance should delete all neutron ports on error - arosen
-  Fix port_security_enabled neutron extension - arosen
-  Fix pre-created ports in neutron from being deleted by nova - arosen
- Network Documentation Wiki (Refactoring of the installation guide)
- BPs associated:
- Progress on Networking Documentation
High Priority Tickets:
Medium Priority Tickets:
Nova Parity (beagles)
(updated April 7, 2014)
< no updates >
Neutron Tempest (mlavalle)
- Full Tempest Test Update (salv-orlando)
- Tempest cores reviewing and approving api tests more actively:
- As of 4/7, all the previously abandoned patchsets have been restored. One newly abandoned patset showed up over the past few days.
- Patchsets merged between 4/1 and 4/7
- Patchsets merged between 3/25 and 3/31
- Patchsets merged between 3/18 and 3/24
- Patchsets merged between 3/11 and 3/17
- Patchsets merged between 3/3 and 3/10
- Patchsets merged between 2/25 and 3/2
- Patchsets merged between 2/17 and 2/24
See Meetings/Neutron-L3-Subteam for detail.
- Team meeting on Thursdays at 1500 UTC.
- Active Projects
- DVR meeting is still going on.
- Documentation on ML2 and L3 agent changes is available. Need help reviewing.
- WIP Code
- Created a Wiki Page Describing Use Cases For Dynamic Routing
- Discussed MPLS/BGP Use Case. Could use more feedback.
- Updates to blueprint
- L3 Agent Performance with Wrapper Overhead
- Also discussed another performance concern: metadata proxy memory usage across many namespaces.
- New blueprints for Juno.
- Fixing/enabling DNS lookup of instance hostnames
- carl_baldwin (still) wrapping up a blueprint for this.
- Please bring other potential blueprints to the discussion at the meeting
- decentralized-snat, l3-high-availability active/active, router-port-forwarding
- Weekly Meetings/ML2 are held, please attend if interested!
- Working towards Juno Summit Sessions
- OVS TypeDriver refactoring
- asomya working to get WIP patch out, discussion around this Wednesday
- OVS Firewall Driver
- asadoughi rebasing his patches, discussion around this Wednesday
Group Policy (mestery)
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.