The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings in
#openstack-meeting. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
-- beagles, March 31, taking kid to appointment
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- --markmcclain (talk) 21:00, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
- We are in stability phase of the cycle.
- Only bug fixes and FFEs will be merged.
- Other contributions will be given temporary -2 until tree opens for Juno.
This bugs are in nova that are related to neutron that would be great if we could get neutron reviews on:
-  Remove unneeded call to fetch network info on shutdown - arosen
-  remove unneeded call to network_api on detach_interface - arosen
-  remove unneeded call to network_api on rebuild_instance - arosen
-  Optimize validate_networks to query neutron only when needed - arosen
-  deallocate_for_instance should delete all neutron ports on error - arosen
-  Fix port_security_enabled neutron extension - arosen
-  Fix pre-created ports in neutron from being deleted by nova - arosen
- Network Documentation Wiki (Refactoring of the installation guide)
- BPs associated:
- Progress on Networking Documentation
High Priority Tickets:
Medium Priority Tickets:
Nova Parity (beagles)
(updated April 7, 2014)
< no updates >
Neutron Tempest (mlavalle)
- Full Tempest Test Update (salv-orlando)
- Tempest cores reviewing and approving api tests more actively:
- 4 patchsets are listed as abandoned in Gerrit. On 3/20, an email was sent to their authors requesting permission to assign the work to other contributors. Three authors responded and as a consequence, the following patchsets had been restored:
- As of 3/20 The following patchsets require just on more +2 to merge. They were brought to the attention of the Tempest core reviewers during their IRC meeting on 3/20:
- Patchsets merged between 3/25 and 3/31
- Patchsets merged between 3/18 and 3/24
- Patchsets merged between 3/11 and 3/17
- Patchsets merged between 3/3 and 3/10
- Patchsets merged between 2/25 and 3/2
- Patchsets merged between 2/17 and 2/24
See Meetings/Neutron-L3-Subteam for detail.
- Team meeting on Thursdays at 1500 UTC.
- Active Projects
- DVR meeting is still going on.
- Documentation on ML2 and L3 agent changes is available. Need help reviewing.
- WIP Code
- Created a Wiki Page Describing Use Cases For Dynamic Routing
- Discussed MPLS/BGP Use Case. Could use more feedback.
- Updates to blueprint
- L3 Agent Performance with Wrapper Overhead
- Also discussed another performance concern: metadata proxy memory usage across many namespaces.
- New blueprints for Juno.
- Fixing/enabling DNS lookup of instance hostnames
- carl_baldwin (still) wrapping up a blueprint for this.
- Please bring other potential blueprints to the discussion at the meeting
- decentralized-snat, l3-high-availability active/active, router-port-forwarding
Group Policy (mestery)
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.