The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings in
#openstack-meeting. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
- March 10 Kyle Mestery (mestery) - Thawing out on vacation.
- March 10, Sean Collins (sc68cal) - traveling
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- --markmcclain (talk) 20:44, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
- Icehouse-3 Tarball
- We had more requests for FFEs than we could accommodate during the exemption period.
- Entering stability phase of the cycle.
- Only bug fixes and FFEs will be merged.
- Other contributions will be given temporary -2 until tree opens for Juno.
- Network Documentation Wiki (Refactoring of the installation guide)
- BPs associated:
High Priority Tickets:
Medium Priority Tickets:
Nova Parity (beagles)
(updated March 17, 2014)
After investigating this stuff again. I found that the comments indicating that these methods were unused were irrelevant, so this BZs are relevant
I'll have to look again because there were others that were closed.
This was not on the original list, but does present a parity issue:
Neutron Tempest (mlavalle)
- Full Tempest Test Update (salv-orlando)
- Tempest cores reviewing and approving api tests more actively:
- As of 3/10, 5 API tests are abandoned. An email will be sent to the authors, thanking them for their effort and asking whether they still have the bandwidth to continue the effort. If the answer is no, the test will be assigned to someone else
- Sent message on 3/10 to ML requesting Tempest core reviewers to "push forward" tests that require just on more +2:
- Patchsets merged between 3/11 and 3/17
- Patchsets merged between 3/3 and 3/10
- Patchsets merged between 2/25 and 3/2
- Patchsets merged between 2/17 and 2/24
- In review cycle:
See Meetings/Neutron-L3-Subteam for detail.
- Team meeting on Thursdays at 1500 UTC.
- Active Projects
- DVR meeting is still going on.
- Documentation on ML2 and L3 agent changes is available. Need help reviewing.
- Discussion started about how to integrate l3-high-availability for HA in centralized services
- Discussed running dynamic routing process outside of Neutron router namespace.
- nextone92 to update the blueprint
- Also briefly discussed use case for BGP in VPN and how that fits in
- L3 Agent Performance with Wrapper Overhead
- New blueprints for Juno.
- Fixing/enabling DNS lookup of instance hostnames
- carl_baldwin wrapping up a blueprint for this
- Please bring other potential blueprints to the discussion at the meeting
- decentralized-snat, l3-high-availability active/active, router-port-forwarding
Group Policy (mestery)
Bug fixes are being merged
Waiting for gate to open for following:
Waiting for further discussion
- Turning FWaaS on in the gate - awaiting direction on this
- SridarK has done investigation and posted results: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Quantum/FWaaS/Testing
- http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-December/023217.html - would like to get the opinion of the team if this is a good time to do it.
3rd Party Testing
- Update on voting responsibilities
Other team reports (e.g. Open Source Plugins)
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.