The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings in
#openstack-meeting. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- --markmcclain (talk) 20:18, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
- Icehouse-3 merge deadline is end of day tomorrow (March 4th). Late and/or incomplete proposals are being deferred to Juno.
Let's get in the habit of checking Elastic Recheck and Gate Success Rate at least every day.
- Critical Open Bugs currently we have 4.
- Stable branch is still having stability problems in the test runs.
- Network Documentation Wiki (Refactoring of the installation guide)
- BPs associated:
Nova Parity (beagles)
Updated Monday, February 24, 2014 2020 UTC
As it is bound to happen, targets move as time passes. There are few efforts underway that impact some of the "parity" related story.
- Some of the reviews that have been on the table for awhile may no longer be relevant as there has been some activity around re-vamping how neutron updates nova on various state changes. This would improve stability/function and provide a more reliable alternate to the current approaches. It's a big WIP at the moment so it is kind of a "stay tuned" sort of deal.
- Many of the discrepencies/gaps in the neutron implementation of the nova network RPC API have been deemed "unused" and not really relevant. Also the direction seems to be more in the direction of no longer proxying these calls.
Both are relevant to parity and influence what makes sense when defining parity and what is left to do.
Neutron Tempest (mlavalle)
- Full Tempest Test Update (salv-orlando)
- Tempest cores reviewing and approving api tests more actively:
- Patchsets merged between 2/25 and 3/2
- On 3/3 some patchsets ((3 or 4) for api tests are listed as abandoned. mlavalle will follow up with owners to see if they plan to continue with them.
- Patchsets merged between 2/17 and 2/24
- In review cycle:
See Meetings/Neutron-L3-Subteam for detail.
- Team meeting on Thursdays at 1500 UTC.
- Discussed DVR, HA Router which are in progress.
- Beginning work to prepare blueprints for Juno.
- Dynamic routing
- Fixing/enabling DNS lookup of instance hostnames.
- Bring other potential blueprints to the discussion.
- decentralized-snat, l3-high-availability active/active, router-port-forwarding
- HA Routers
- DVR meeting is still going on.
- Documentation on agent design for L2 (ML2) and L3 changes is forthcoming.
- L3 Agent consolidation (deferred from Icehouse)
- Weekly Meetings/ML2 are held, please attend if interested!
- Tracking status of open BPs, including new drivers - owners should try to attend
- Migration tool BP: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/ml2-deprecated-plugin-migration
- High priority, but no patch yet
- Re-assigned to marun
- Three generic BPs needed to support SR-IOV PCI passthrough in review:
- Two bug fixes for port binding will effect mechanism drivers:
- Proposed patch to ML2 to move away from providernet extension into the multi-provider extension with arbitrary attributes
Special Topic: SSL (markmcclain)
Group Policy (mestery)
Progress made on reviews:
- Turning FWaaS on in the gate - awaiting direction on this
- SridarK has done investigation and posted results: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Quantum/FWaaS/Testing
- http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-December/023217.html - would like to get the opinion of the team if this is a good time to do it.
3rd Party Testing
- Update on voting responsibilities
Other team reports (e.g. Open Source Plugins)
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.