The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings in
#openstack-meeting. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
- Edgar Magana (emagana) - Traveling this week!
- Brent Eagles (beagles) - kid's appointments
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- --markmcclain (talk) 18:27, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
- I-3 Code Proposal Deadline is end of day tomorrow (Feb 18th).
- Icehouse-3 is has lots of proposed blueprints.
Let's get in the habit of checking Elastic Recheck and Gate Success Rate at least every day.
- The workaround for the kernel issue is in place on the master branches. We still do not have stability on the stable branch.
- Critical Open Bugs currently we have 5.
- Network Documentation Wiki (Refactoring of the installation guide)
- BPs associated:
Nova Parity (beagles)
Updated Monday, February 17, 2014 2053 UTC
No significant changes since last week.
- nova-neutron integration library - nova/network/neutron2/api.py. Reviews/merges still pending
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/64769/ Garbage collect neutron ports not in nw_cache
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/59578/ Fix port_security_enabled neutron extension
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/60592/ Make network_cache more robust with neutron
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/62108/ Update network_cache only if needed
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/62104/ Correct network_model tests and __eq__ operator
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/57229/ Validate interface attachment details prior to sending to compute (garyk)
- Status update on the bugs that are filed against unimplemented methods. Several have been reviewed by nova folk and some can likely be closed as the methods are actually unused in nova itself.
- These bugs have feedback posted. Basically they are all along the vein of being obsololeted within nova itself. We should adda comment to neutronv2/api.py about the unused/deprecated methods and close the following issues. The rest of the issues are still pending feedback but I suspect that with a cursory review, some or all can be grouped into the same category as those immediately below.
- I've grouped these bugs together for the time being https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1269065 (unassigned/untriaged)
- delete - deletes a network
- disassociate - disassociates a host or project from a network
- I've grouped these as one bug for the time being https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1269066 (unassigned/untriaged)
Neutron Tempest (mlavalle)
- Parallel Testing (salv-orlando)
- Tempest cores reviewing and approving api tests more actively:
- Patchsets merged since between 2/17 and 2/24
- In review cycle:
See Meetings/Neutron-L3-Subteam for detail.
- First team meeting this Thursday at 1500 UTC.
- Blueprints list is slowing growing. Bring discussions to the team meeting.
- decentralized-snat, l3-high-availability active/active, router-port-forwarding, dynamic routing
- DVR meeting is still going on.
- Documentation on agent design for L2 (ML2) and L3 changes is forthcoming.
- HA Routers
- Weekly Meetings/ML2 are held, please attend if interested!
- Tracking status of open BPs, including new drivers - owners should try to attend
- Migration tool BP: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/ml2-deprecated-plugin-migration
- High priority, but no patch yet
- Re-assigned to marun
- Three generic BPs needed to support SR-IOV PCI passthrough in review:
- Two bug fixes for port binding will effect mechanism drivers:
- Proposed patch to ML2 to move away from providernet extension into the multi-provider extension with arbitrary attributes
Group Policy (mestery)
̽** Manual https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1284301
̽** API https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-api-site/+bug/1284302
Progress made on reviews:
- Turning FWaaS on in the gate - awaiting direction on this
- SridarK has done investigation and posted results: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Quantum/FWaaS/Testing
- http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-December/023217.html - would like to get the opinion of the team if this is a good time to do it.
3rd Party Testing
- Update on voting responsibilities
Other team reports (e.g. Open Source Plugins)
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.