The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings in
#openstack-meeting. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
markmcclain: Severely delayed flight -- will join in progress
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- --markmcclain (talk) 19:03, 20 January 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you to Anita Kuno (anteaya) for organizing the Tempest/Neutron Code Sprint in Montreal last week
- Icehouse-2 is Thursday (January 23rd) -- cutoff is tomorrow
- 3rd Party testing should be activated by January 23rd -- ping the mailing list or IRC channel to get assistance from the others setting it up
Let's get in the habit of checking Elastic Recheck and Gate Success Rate at least every day.
We're currently unable to properly run the isolated test job because it fails too frequently in gate. Until this is fixed, we are unable to merge any Neutron patches.
Critical Open Bugs currently we have 4.
- Nagging Gate Blocking Bugs
Nova Parity (beagles)
- Use cases - beagles
- Work continues on the guides.
- nova-neutron integration library - nova/network/neutron2/api.py (arosen)
- HA- not a lot of new stuff there. Checking in the HA related reviews that were posted last week indicates that while they address HA style scenarios the approach is quite removed from the multihost scenario. Some conversations and investigation last week *seem* to indicate that distributing collocated l3 and dhcp agents on each compute node is tough!
Neutron Tempest (mlavalle)
- Parallel Testing (salv-orlando)
- Agreement with Sumit Naiksatam to enable FWaaS in the gate after Icehouse 2 to enable development of api and scenario tests
- For VPNaaS, api tests will be developed for VPN Service, IKE Policy and IPSec Policy. IPSec Site Connection will be tested in a scenario test (already under development)
- Progress in creating new stable Tempest tests
- Recently merged
- In review cycle:
- Weekly Meetings/ML2 are held, please attend if interested!
- Proposed patch to ML2 to move away from providernet extension into the multi-provider extension with arbitrary attributes
WIP for SSL-VPN API patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/58897/
Other team reports (e.g. Open Source Plugins)
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.