The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings in
#openstack-meeting. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Announcements / Reminders
Critical Open Bugs
(Note: replaces https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1250168)
Nova Parity (beagles)
- Parity related milestones on https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/icehouse-neutron-nova-parity-prelim-outline.
- Any new feedback? There wasn't much (any?) last week.
- These milestones will need to be refined and it may be more clear to separate them into functional groups (i.e. parity-feature-tracking, tempest-parity-test, etc)
- I think this still holds. Should we select individuals to take the lead on each area.
- An immediate objective would be to round-up what has already been down so far as part of the excellent efforts being made to clean up the tests in the past two weeks.
- Running smokestack last week garnered several failures... some of which were pretty weird. During investigation I resolved some by adding some sanity around state syncing and others were resolved by improving handling of missing records. What else is pending?
- As it is relevant for some of the gate failures, I propose that we do a functional tear-down of the integration module (nova/network/neutronv2) starting today and revisit areas where there are differences in behavior, describe them and:
- examine if the differences are parity-blockers and get "sign-off" by the nova team and whomever else is appropriate,
- agree that the implementations are still the most appropriate.
- I need some volunteers to look at "cookbooks" for mimicing nova-network "NetworkManager" behaviors.
- In addition to the above, there are some networking related operations available through nova that are not implemented "properly" (bulk floating ip operations) and may or may not be "mappable" to neutron. I intend to introduce them at the nova IRC meeting later this week and start the dialogue about how they want to handle them. If anybody is aware of specific issues of this sort that they would like me to include, please ping me via IRC or email before Thursday, 5-12-2013 0900 UTC and I'll get it in there. (Pushed from last week due to Thanksgiving)
Neutron Tempest (mlavalle)
- Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/icehouse-summit-qa-neutron
- please review and update this etherpad as you work to ensure the information reflects current status
- EmilienM has agreed to take on Grenade support, thank you EmilienM! Please let us know what support you need as you proceed
- Progress in creating new stable Tempest tests
- No meeting last week due to US holiday
- Meeting this week scheduled for regular time (Thursday 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting-alt)
- Weekly ML2 meetings are held, please attend if interested!
- Acion items from last meeting:
- Discussion with QA team this week about multi-node testing in the gate
- asomya to review TypeDriver patch providing extra port information
- Continuing to focus on Summit blueprint work.
WIP for SSL-VPN API patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/58897/
We will again start the weekly team meetings in the week of Dec 2nd. Waiting for PTL to get back on the proposed Icehouse plan (some blueprints have been pushed out to I3).
Other team reports (e.g. Open Source Plugins)
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.