The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings in
#openstack-meeting. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Announcements / Reminder:
Critical Open Bugs
Nova Parity (beagles)
- There is a rough sketch for parity related milestones on https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/icehouse-neutron-nova-parity-prelim-outline.
- These milestones will need to be refined and it may be more clear to separate them into functional groups (i.e. parity-feature-tracking, tempest-parity-test, etc)
- An immediate objective would be to round-up what has already been down so far as part of the excellent efforts being made to clean up the tests in the past two weeks
- As it is relevant for some of the gate failures, I propose that we do a functional tear-down of the integration module (nova/network/neutronv2) starting today and revisit areas where there are differences in behavior, describe them and:
- examine if the differences are parity-blockers and get "sign-off" by the nova team and whomever else is appropriate,
- agree that the implementations are still the most appropriate.
- either might make some of the gate-bug-hunting moot (e.g. the mulitple network thing)
- In addition to the above, there are some networking related operations available through nova that are not implemented "properly" (bulk floating ip operations) and may or may not be "mappable" to neutron. I intend to introduce them at the nova IRC meeting later this week and start the dialogue about how they want to handle them. If anybody is aware of specific issues of this sort that they would like me to include, please ping me via IRC or email before Thursday, 28-11-2013 0900 UTC and I'll get it in there.
Neutron Tempest (mlavalle)
- Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/icehouse-summit-qa-neutron
- Salvatore has significantly updated this etherpad, please review and update as you work to ensure the information reflects current status as we work
- Grenade support still needs a champion, marun mentioned he may know a team-mate able to work on this
- Progress in creating new stable Tempest tests
- Neutron Tempest code sprint: 2nd week of January in Montreal, QC, Canada
- good progress in producing this event, contact anteaya to help or for updates
- Communication between Neutron developers
- Increase communication between Neutron and other projects
- tell Anita Kuno (anteaya) if the issue you are seeing could be interacting with another project and allow her to help you find the people from that project who might know how to help
- encouraging idling in other project channels, reviewing other project patches and submitting patches to other projects to increase cross-project collaboration
- core members in -infra, -qa and -nova are willing and available to support your work, please ask for help whenever you need it. Doing so helps to demonstrate to the rest of the community that -neutron is committed to addressing the testing gap
- Subteam meeting - discussed getting IPv6 working w/ SLAAC
- Weekly ML2 meetings are held, please attend if interested!
- Acion items from last meeting:
- Discussion with QA team this week about multi-node testing in the gate
- asomya to review TypeDriver patch providing extra port information
- Continuing to focus on Summit blueprint work.
We will again start the weekly team meetings in the week of Dec 2nd. Waiting for PTL to get back on the proposed Icehouse plan (some blueprints have been pushed out to I3).
Other team reports (e.g. Open Source Plugins)
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.