The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings in
#openstack-meeting. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Announcements / Reminders:
- --markmcclain (talk) 20:51, 14 October 2013 (UTC)
- Release Candidate 2 is now available for testing.
- This is intended to be the last RC. If you find a critical bug, please let me know.
- Technical Committee Elections are open
Critical Open Bugs
API Docs (salv-orlando)
- Chasing bugs in openstack-manuals (openstack-network-connectivity-admin) - WIP
Programming note - we will have weekly FWaaS meetings on Wed 18:00 UTC (11 AM PDT). Main agenda for the next two weeks will be the pre-summit discussion.
Networking in Horizon (amotoki)
- Design Summit (Horizon session)
- I haven't propose Neutron session in Horizon. If you feel we have topics to be discussed in Neutron-Horizon session.
- Please let me know if you have a plan to add Neutron related Horizon BPs. It is important to share our plan with Horizon teams to prioritize BPs. I just would like to gather Neutron related topics for better input. (Note that there is no need to register BPs soon.)
- Quota related (just a reminder for Icehouse)
IceHouse OpenStack Design Summit
- Summit Submissions
- Deadline is October 17th. If you have not filed, please do so now.
- Reminder: It is not the first to file, so if someone has an idea that is the same or similar please file anyway.
- Blueprints or etherpads should be accompany your summit proposal. Proposals with blueprints are more likely to be accepted than proposals with vague descriptions.
- If you've got a mini topic please make a note in the proposal. This will help us allocate time.
- It is critical that have we have a healthy balance of Community Projects vs Additional Features
- Community Projects are things that benefit the whole community. For example: ML2, Metadata, DB migrations, API Handling
- Achieve stability in current Neutron Tempest tests
- Progress in creating new stable Tempest tests
- Neutron Tempest code sprint: 2nd week of January in Montreal, QC, Canada
- indicate interest by emailing email@example.com subject "Neutron Tempest code sprint"
- Increase communication between Neutron developers
- Neutron developers have a hard time knowing who other Neutron developers are
- encourage Neutron reviewers to be on IRC and to update their Foundation Profile: http://www.openstack.org/community/members/ with their IRC nick
- Increase communication between Neutron and other projects
- tell Anita Kuno (anteaya) if the issue you are seeing could be interacting with another project and allow her to help you find the people from that project who might know how to help
- encouraging idling in other project channels, reviewing other project patches and submitting patches to other projects to increase cross-project collaboration
Other team reports (e.g. Open Source Plugins)
The "advance services" common requirements meeting will be weekly on Tuesday 15.30 UTC (8.30 AM PDT). The agenda will be pre-summit discussion on topics like service insertion/chaining, service agents, service VMs, extension APIs.
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.