The OpenStack Quantum Team holds public meetings in
#openstack-meeting. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
- Edgar Magana
- Nachi Ueno
- Salvatore Orlando
Agenda for Next Quantum Team Meeting
Announcements / Reminders:
- --markmcclain (talk) 20:42, 13 May 2013 (UTC)
- Havana-1 is next week.
- May 27th is a Holiday in the US and the UK. We will meet Monday May 27th. If you cannot make the meeting, make sure to update agenda.
- High Importance Bugs
- None open within last week
- Bug Counts
No High/Critical bug.
- VPNaaS (nachi)
- First WIP code in the review ( we are continuing discussion on the code)
- Continuing investigation for first driver impl
- We can go with strongswan using mount command (Confirmed) by Francois
- Model to strongswan mapping is almost finished by Francois
- Other items
Nova Integration (garyk)
- High Priority Items
- Need to start investigating ideas on how to do migrations - no progress made last week
- Other Items
Security Groups(arosen) / FWaaS(snaiksat)
--arosen (talk) 20:22, 20 May 2013 (UTC)
- Other Items
- (arosen) Started the discussion of moving the creation of quantum ports up from nova-compute to so that nova-api can know about them. This will allow quantum the ability to decide if a port should be part of a default security group or not since currently nova automatically appends default.
- FWaaS (snaiksat): API/model review still in progress (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/29004/). I added some more unit tests but I need to add more per the review comments. Some review comments by Eugene on DB need to be addressed and some others from Oleg (I am currently on PTO haven't gotten to these yet). Rajesh Mohan is making progress with the IPtables driver, he has started writing code but has to do more work before posting a patch. He also needs the agent code from me, which I will be making available shortly.
- Team met last Thursday.
- Discussed plan and follow up items.
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/29199/ merged, fixing linuxbridge RPC message formats to match openvswitch and hyperv, while preserving compatibility with old formats.
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/modular-l2 - WIP patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/20105/ in review. Have addressed all comments so far, and synced with all recent merges. Testing linuxbridge support now. Expect to push final WIP patch 5/20. Still need additional unit tests, DB migration code, and possibly tunnel support (or defer to after https://review.openstack.org/#/c/29376/ lands) before merging. Initial merge on track for H-1.
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/portbinding-ex-db - Quantum patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/24969/ merged. Still need Satish's nova patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/21141/ to be merged. Quantum side ready for H-1, but not getting exercised until nova side merged.
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/ovsplugin-hardware-devices - Review https://review.openstack.org/#/c/20754/ raises issues regarding relationship to ml2 plugin effort. Assuming ml2 does replace openvswitch and linuxbridge plugins, is ml2's (to-be-defined) MechanismDriver API sufficient, or is a separate HardwareDriver API still valuable?
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/vxlan-linuxbridge - Review https://review.openstack.org/#/c/26516/ making good progress. Changes to linuxbridge plugin/agent RPC also needed for ml2 plugin, but RPC version needs to match openvswitch and hyperv. Assuming ml2 is replacing linuxbridge and a VxlanTypeDriver for ml2 can be developed for H-1, its not clear if server-side plugin changes for VXLAN should be merged yet. Should linuxbridge RPC changes be merged separately first before VXLAN added?
Python Client (gongysh)
Stable Branch (garyk)
Freeze for stable/grizzly freeze for 2013.1.1 released
Open for review: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/quantum+branch:stable/grizzly,n,z
Testing (nachi / mlavalle / marun)
- Write network diagnosis api (nachi)
- Working on getting Tempest gate working for quantum (mlavalle)
- Refactor the existing plugin tests to be reusable by Tempest (marun)
Networking in Horizon (amotoki)
I picked up the registered blueprints related to Networking. All I will access the owner of each BP after H-1.
- Thanks for volunteers for key netwokring features (FWaaS and VPNaaS) :-)
- Quotas API becomes core or is an extension in Havana?
Other team reports (e.g. Open Source Plugins)
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.