Meeting time: The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings alternating between Mondays at 2100 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and Tuesdays at 1400 UTC (#openstack-meeting). Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
- Edgar Magana (emagana) - Attending ODL Conference
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Tuesday (8/3/2015) at 2100 UTC on #openstack-meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- Liberty-2 is this week
- The DVR job is voting now
- Voting for Tokyo Summit presentations is now live!
- Code review requirements for networking-foo projects
- Neutron Policies are documented here:
- Two bugs are hurting the functional job in the gate:
-  agent.test_l3_agent.MetadataL3AgentTestCase.test_access_to_metadata_proxy times out intermittently
-  radvd exits -1 intermittently in test_ha_router_process_ipv6_subnets_to_existing_port
- Linuxbridge Gate Parity Bugs
-  nova libvirtError: Unable to add bridge brqxxx-xx port tapxxx-xx: Device or resource busy
-  Linux bridge: Dnsmasq is being passed None as an interface
Open Items for Liberty: (reviews needed)
On Demand Agenda
- 3rd party Ci systems: Can they vote -1?
- Liberty-3 BPs and reviews
- Where should Macvtap agent and ml2 driver land? Own openstack repo, In-tree (as another, separate reference impl), in tree driver separate and having agent integrated into Linuxbridge, as new branch to stay close to LB, somewhere else? (scheuran)
- Ironic provider networks
- Neutron Mitaka mid-cycle
- Looking at Galway in Ireland
- Need to decide on either December or January
- Concrete plan to merge back pecan and QoS work
- Need to do this very early after Liberty-2 is cut this week
- pecan WSGI refactor
- partial upgrade support - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-June/067156.html (armax/russelb)
- Flow classifier work
- When applicable, add documentation to networking guide rather than developer stuff.
- For July 28th meeting: Discuss neiljerram's routed network and DHCP changes
- nova-network compatibility tasks
- Summit session(s) in Vancouver were very productive
- Tasks tracked here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-nova-network
- Need to find owners for a few of these
- Rolling upgrades (mostly a grenade patch)
- Distributed SNAT with DVR
- "Get me a network (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/184857/) (kevinbenton to own this)
- ARP Spoof patch series is stalled, need to make a decision on how to proceed. (kevinbenton will do this after beating requirements out of markmcclain)
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.