Meeting time: The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings alternating between Mondays at 2100 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and Tuesdays at 1400 UTC (#openstack-meeting). Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Monday (3/16/2015) at 2100 UTC on #openstack-meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- Kilo dates to be aware of:
- Kilo-3 LP page:
- OpenStack Client IRC meetings
- Neutron Policies are documented here:
-  DBDeadlock: (OperationalError) (1213, 'Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction') 'DELETE FROM ipallocationpools WHERE ipallocationpools.id
-  DBDuplicateEntry when creating secgroup
-  Security group rules errorneously applied to all ports having same ip addresses in different networks
-  ping still working after security group rule is created, updated, or deleted (related to previous one)
These bugs are in nova but are related to neutron. It would be great if we could get neutron reviews on:
- Merged  Remove unneeded call to fetch network info on shutdown - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on detach_interface - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on rebuild_instance - arosen
- Merged  Optimize validate_networks to query neutron only when needed - arosen
-  deallocate_for_instance should delete all neutron ports on error - arosen
-  Fix port_security_enabled neutron extension - arosen
-  Fix pre-created ports in neutron from being deleted by nova - arosen
Open Items for Kilo: (feedback needed)
On Demand Agenda
- Kilo-RC1 FF Specs
- MTU and vlan_transparency closure
- Plugin Decomposition Status and Updates
- Nova-Network to Neutron Migration
- Neutron as the default in DevStack
- Pylint -- In or out?
- We don't seem to have consensus on the value of pylint, leading to mixed review feedback. Let's decide.
- Multi-node vs Single-node, voting vs non-voting
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.