Meeting time: The neutron-lib sub-Team (Neutron-Lib) holds public meetings on Wednesdays at 1730 UTC in the #openstack-meeting-4 channel on Freednode. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Announcements / Reminders
- None this week
Current Work Items
- RPC routines and a 'legacy' section - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/267807/
- Moving base db gunk - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/267214/
- [pc_m] For the callbacks mechanism, what do we need to do to make this public? I thought review https://review.openstack.org/#/c/265997/ would be a simple way to address concerns about using kwargs expressed in the original review, however, it has been abandoned. Sounds like we want to use OVO? Can we use 265997 as a base for that, changing the params arg to a versioned object (maybe check at register for OVO base class instance)? Also, I started a thread on how to roll out callbacks - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-January/083964.html - would appreciate feedback, so that I don't waste effort.
- [pc_m] Trying to get https://review.openstack.org/#/c/242219 passing tests. Doing pip install of neutron-lib in gate hook to handle two jobs. How can we handle other DSVM jobs that need neutron-lib? I'm not seeing any feasible way, other than to add neutron-lib to devstack-gate. Do we modify the other jobs to add gate hook? Do we get devstack-gate to install neutron-lib? Other?
- [pc_m] I can commit code to start using the validators/converters in Neutron, with the thought of basing it off of 242219. However, we need tests working for this to be practical, IMO. Wondering, how we plan to address this.