Meeting time: The neutron-lib sub-Team (Neutron-Lib) holds public meetings on Wednesdays at 1730 UTC in the #openstack-meeting-4 channel on Freednode. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Announcements / Reminders
- Wiki - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/Lib
Current Work Items
- Finalize callbacks interface - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/253661/
- Do we hate pylint? - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/255682/
- db modules - what moves, what changes?
- https://review.openstack.org/252155 is adding new common constants to neutron. IMO these should now be added to neutron-lib directly and and any code that needs the constants should import neutron-lib. Otherwise we end up adding to neutron then moving to neutron-lib, possibly with debtcollector overhead.
- [pc_m] For the callbacks mechanism, what do we need to do to make this public? I thought review https://review.openstack.org/#/c/265997/ would be a simple way to address concerns about using kwargs expressed in the original review, however, it has been abandoned (would like to understand why). Also, I started a thread on how to roll out callbacks - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-January/083964.html - would appreciate feedback, so that I don't waste effort (again).
- [pc_m] Trying to get https://review.openstack.org/#/c/242219 passing tests. Doing pip install of neutron-lib in gate hook to handle two jobs. How can we handle other DSVM jobs that need neutron-lib? I'm not seeing any feasible way, other than to add neutron-lib to devstack-gate.