Revision as of 16:21, 19 July 2014 by Roland Hochmuth (Created page with "== Features == This section describes the overall features. * A highly performant, scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant Monitoring as a Service (MONaaS) solution that scale...")
This section describes the overall features.
- A highly performant, scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant Monitoring as a Service (MONaaS) solution that scales to service provider metrics levels of metrics throughput. Performance, scalability and high-availability have been designed in from the start. Can process 100s of thousands of metrics/sec as well as offer data retention periods of greater than a year with no data loss while still processing interactive queries.
- Rest API for storing and querying metrics and historical information. Most monitoring solution use special transports and protocols, such as CollectD or NSCA (Nagios). In our solution, http is the only protocol used. This simplifies the overall design and also allows for a much richer way of describing the data via dimensions.
- Multi-tenant and authenticated. Metrics are submitted and authenticated using Keystone and stored associated with a tenant ID.
- Metrics defined using a set of (key, value) pairs called dimensions.
- Real-time thresholding and alarming on metrics.
- Compound alarms described using a simple expressive grammar composed of alarm sub-expressions and logical operators.
- Monitoring agent that supports a number of built-in system and service checks and also supports Nagios checks and statsd.
- Based on our experiences at HP around monitoring our internal public cloud infrastructure, http://www.hpcloud.com/, as well as running our customer-facing HP Cloud Monitoring, http://www.hpcloud.com/products-services/monitoring.
- Open-source monitoring solution built on open-source technologies.