During the Kilo cycle the Mistral Workbook Builder UI (WB) was implemented using the dynamic DOM provided by Angular.js bindings and Bootstrap3-powered markup built on top of Barricade.js (https://github.com/rackerlabs/barricade) data model accompanied by a comprehensive suite of unit-tests - both for Merlin core functionality and for WB-specific logic (see how it looks here https://openstack.invisionapp.com/d/main#/projects/2059636).
Further plans include both:
- Improving WB functionality
- add more validations and more interactivity to the fields
- enable graph view in addition to the YAML view
- make YAML view more interactive in terms of connection with forms view
- Integrating with HOTBuilder (https://github.com/rackerlabs/hotbuilder)