This is the bi-weekly meeting for those interested in Diskimage Builder!
MEETING TIME: Every other Thursday 20:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
Next Meeting Dates
- June 1st (Thursday) 2000 UTC,
Agenda for next meeting
Please edit this page to add items to the next meeting agenda.
Long Term Topics
There are a couple of long term topics we should / want to discuss. They can be discussed when the daily business topics are done.
- UEFI boot: the never ending story. How to cope with the situation here? (andreas-f)
- Refactoring of elements: having a new structure for at least Ubuntu and Debian specific elements. Currently there is a lot duplication. (andreas-f)
- *-nano elements for minimalist docker images? (andreas-f)
- Cleanup patches? (currently about 110 open) (andreas-f)
- DIB vs. bindep vs. instack vs. *-puppet: Functional overlap. Is there the need to support them all? Can we possible merge some of them? (andreas-f)
- Local vs. CI testing: (docker / vm) matrix build. Double work or step forward? (andreas-f)
- python vs. bash: should we start refactoring bash code in python (maybe reusing the instack approach)? (andreas-f)
- (python) replacement of dib-run-parts? (andreas-f)
- Internal vs. external caching: there is *some* code that (tries) to handle caching. Is this still worth it in times of squid / apt-cacher-ng? (andreas-f)
- DIB 3.0: feature list
Agenda from previous meeting (2016-11-10)
- images for CI (ianw 13/10)
- ansible patch (ianw 13/10)
- Bugs process
- Do we want to continue using launchpad for bugs? If so, this needs cleanup.
- Do we want to add a bugs section to our regular meetings?
- Dib 2.0
- We have a feature branch!
- Should we cut an RC?
- Open Discussion