- Weekly on-demand on Tuesdays at 1600 UTC
- IRC channel: #openstack-meeting-3
- Chair: pc_m (Paul Michali)
If you want to hold a meeting. Update this wiki page with agenda modifications, date of meeting desired, date of update, and then post a notice on the openstack-dev mailing list, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting start time. We have reserved this (new) channel on the IRC for the time/day of week.
Next meeting: Tuesday, October 6th, 2015.
Logs and Minutes
Meetings, with their notes and logs, will be found under http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/vpnaas/
Updated Oct 5th, 2015
- Local multiple subnet
- Endpoint group server and client code is upstreamed.
- Devstack plugin for neutronclient commit to make voting.
- Multiple local subnet feature and CLI pushed for review.
Multiple Local Subnets
Will work on follow-up commits for functional tests, API documentation, and additional validation.
Bugs under Review
Current bugs: VPN bugs
Current reviews: VPNaaS reviews
Here are some ideas for tasks that need to be done (feel free to work on them - put your name by any you choose)...
- Could use python34 support added to neutron-vpnaas (partially completed). Several tests are being disabled.
- Grenade work to support Advanced Services, so that plugin can be activated.
- Validation that peer IP for VPN connection is of same version as router's GW I/F.
- Check when removing/changing GW I/F that is not used by VPNaaS.
- User documentation for Networking Guide. (including limitations/restrictions)
- API documentation for endpoint groups and multiple local subnets.
- Improve coverage in UTs. Refactor the rest of the database tests.
- Need more functional tests for OpenSwan device driver (and StrongSwan driver). Identify what's needed (MTU check, connection delete, admin up/down?, non-default configs [API or unit?], IPv6).
- Refactor duplication out of device driver code (OpenSwan, StrongSwan, Cisco, Vyatta)
- The OpenSwan class should be separated from the ABC definition, and placed into a new module.
- Remove /n from execute method in utils.py so that duplicate code can be removed in VPN drivers.
- Documentation on how to use StrongSwan
- Developer Reference Documentation needed.
- Migrate to using neutronclient extension for VPN (and create job).
- Documentation on the differences between StrongSwan and OpenSwan (and any limitations/restrictions of each - e.g. mixing IPv4/v6)
- StrongSwan execute_with_mount() to allow configurable rootwrap config file.
- Support for BGP/MPLS VPN? DM VPN? OpenVPN (road-warrior)? Can/should they be integrated into VPNaaS?
- Certificate support for IPSec (Barbican - see what LBaaS did to use certificate). - RFE created.
- There is interest by some on other VPN types (e.g. something similar to AWS DirectConnect and Azure ExpressRoute).
- Should enhance/add unit test cases for:
- Checking various sync() cases: router w/o VPN running on it any more; router with VPN running, but no longer a service configured; process running VPN, but no longer VPN configured.
- Verification of reported status for various cases: connections (active, down, pending create), service (created, deleted, admin down).
List of people w/IRC that are interested in participating (coding, reviewing, testing, and/or documenting):
- Paul Michali (pc_m)
- Sridhar Ramaswamy (sridha_ram)
- Al Miller (ajmiller)
- Victor Howard (vichoward)