- Weekly on-demand on Tuesdays at 1600 UTC
- IRC channel: #openstack-meeting-3
- Chair: pc_m (Paul Michali)
If you want to hold a meeting. Update this wiki page with agenda modifications, date of meeting desired, date of update, and then post a notice on the openstack-dev mailing list, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting start time. We have reserved this (new) channel on the IRC for the time/day of week.
Next meeting: TBD
Logs and Minutes
Meetings, with their notes and logs, will be found under http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/vpnaas/
Updated March 9th, 2015
- StrongSwan functional job in experimental queue is upstreamed. Will make non-voting.
- Need StrongSwan implementation review so we can make 3/19 deadline. Review 144391
- Scenario test out for review. Review 159746
- Need to decide on the meeting time/frequency.
Once review is upstream, we can do 'check experimental' to test StrongSwan based functional tests. I'll make it non-voting and running always, as soon as possible.
Desperately need reviewers on this. Some open issues are: - Issues with status reported on connection create (work-around is retry mechanism). - Concern over whether a retry mechanism is really needed, and the possible side effects under scale/load. - Need testing for different cases (multiple connections, bringing connections up/down, connection failures).
Current bugs: VPNaaS bugs
Here are some ideas for tasks that need to be done (feel free to work on them - put your name by any you choose)...
- StrongSwan supported on Fedora.
- The 'docs' target needs to be implemented for our repo (doc file was removed from Neutron).
- The old netconn-api documentation needs to be migrated to WADL so can be included into Reference API Wiki.
- Coverage, especially in database modules, is lacking.
- Need functional tests for OpenSwan device driver (and StrongSwan driver)
- Refactor duplication out of device driver code (OpenSwan, StrongSwan, Cisco, Vyatta) (Sridar R working on?)
- The OpenSwan class should be separated from the ABC definition, and placed into a new module. (Brian Bowen working on)
- Remove /n from execute method in utils.py so that duplicate code can be removed in VPN drivers.
- Documentation on how to use StrongSwan
- Documentation on the differences between StrongSwan and OpenSwan