Since there has been very limited participation over the past several weeks, a questionnaire was sent to the mailing list last Tuesday (2/24) to see if the format (periodic/on-demand) and/or date/time should be changed for these meetings. No one replied, so the default action will apply, which is to have VPNaaS discussions as an on-demand topic during Neutron meetings.
Logs and Minutes
Meetings, with their notes and logs, will be found under http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/vpnaas/
Updated February 23rd, 2015
- DevStack support for StrongSwan is now upstreamed.
- VPN agent refactoring has started to eliminate dependency on L3 agent.
- New functional job being created for StrongSwan (out for review) - will run in experimental mode.
- Directory structure change for functional test area (out for review).
Plan is to have tests/functional/ hold shared functional test modules, tests/functional/openswan/ to hold OpenSwan specific tests, and tests/functional/strongswan/ to hold StrongSwan specific tests.
A new check-neutron-vpnaas-dsvm-functional-sswan is being created, to set up DevStack for StrongSwan operation.
The post-test-gate.sh script needs to be modified for support of scenario testing (159746).
Current bugs: VPNaaS bugs
We need to get StrongSwan commit tested out and reviewed, so please help out (https://review.openstack.org/144391). This commit will now only address Ubuntu, and a separate commit (later) will address Fedora support (as there are some differences).
Bring up any other bugs of interest.
Here are some ideas for tasks that need to be done (feel free to work on them - put your name by any you choose)...
- The 'docs' target needs to be implemented for our repo (doc file was removed from Neutron).
- Coverage, especially in database modules, is lacking.
- Need functional tests for OpenSwan device driver
- Refactor duplication out of device driver code (OpenSwan, StrongSwan, Cisco, Vyatta)
- The OpenSwan class should be separated from the ABC definition, and placed into a new module.