- Weekly on Tuesdays at 1500 UTC
- IRC channel: #openstack-meeting-4
- Chair: pc_m (Paul Michali)
So we have three votes for option (C), different day/time and on-demand, with times of 1600 UTC or later, 1630 UTC, and 1600 UTC on Tuesday. We have one vote for option (A), same day and time (Tuesday 1500), but on-demand. One vote for (D) include in Neutron meeting as on-demand topic (for now).
Since the consensus is on-demand, we'll need to decide how to determine when we want to hold the meetings (how to signal). It looks like the majority is 1600 UT, so unless there is a change, we can try to schedule future meetings using a different time.
Let's discuss at the next meeting.
Logs and Minutes
Meetings, with their notes and logs, will be found under http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/vpnaas/
Updated March 9th, 2015
- StrongSwan functional job in experimental queue is out for review.
- Need StrongSwan implementation review so we can make 3/19 deadline. Review 144391
- Scenario test out for review. Review 159746
- Need to decide on the meeting time/frequency.
Once review is upstream, we can do 'check experimental' to test StrongSwan based functional tests. I'll make it non-voting and running always, as soon as possible.
Desperately need reviewers on this. Some open issues are: - Issues with status reported on connection create (work-around is retry mechanism). - Concern over whether a retry mechanism is really needed, and the possible side effects under scale/load. - Need testing for different cases (multiple connections, bringing connections up/down, connection failures).
Current bugs: VPNaaS bugs
Here are some ideas for tasks that need to be done (feel free to work on them - put your name by any you choose)...
- The 'docs' target needs to be implemented for our repo (doc file was removed from Neutron).
- The old netconn-api documentation needs to be migrated to WADL so can be included into Reference API Wiki.
- Coverage, especially in database modules, is lacking.
- Need functional tests for OpenSwan device driver (and StrongSwan driver)
- Refactor duplication out of device driver code (OpenSwan, StrongSwan, Cisco, Vyatta) (Sridar R working on?)
- The OpenSwan class should be separated from the ABC definition, and placed into a new module. (Brian Bowen working on)
- Remove /n from execute method in utils.py so that duplicate code can be removed in VPN drivers.