Weekly Trove Team Meeting
We have weekly team meetings on Wednesdays at 18:00 UTC in #openstack-meeting-alt
Want to add an agenda item? Please append your item to the upcoming weekly agenda while keeping in mind:
Guidelines for Writing Clear Agenda Items
An agenda item should have a clearly defined objective.
- Good: Review #xxxxx has comments on foobar.py from multiple folks and there seems to be a lack of consensus on how to solve problem ‘y’. Let’s quickly rehash the merits of both approaches in 2-5 minutes and call for a vote. Goal: choose an approach and move forward on implementation.
- Bad: Discuss blueprint ‘xyz’
- Bad: Revisit blueprint ‘abc’ that we talked about last week to get answers on remaining disagreements.
When referring to previous conversations or competing viewpoints, be sure to summarize them.
Agenda for Oct 22nd
- [SlickNik] Discuss trove design summit sessions in the etherpad
- [amcrn] Ask folks to review https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Bugs#Importance and (re-)categorize bugs accordingly.
- [amrith and AJaeger] AJaeger started working on https://review.openstack.org/#/c/129624/. This same issue was debated in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/104616/ and after some deliberation we eventually didn't take the change. My recollection is that this was discussed at the mid-cycle in Cambridge as part of the conversations that led to https://review.openstack.org/#/c/115778/ and we decided that we wouldn't take H301. Maybe that was a decision for the Juno cycle only; I don't recall. After speaking with AJaeger, I've put this on the agenda for this meeting because I would like to make sure that we're in favor of this change now before he spends much more time on it, and the attendant fixes to H302 and H304 which produce numerous failures.
- [robertmyers and schang] Discuss guestagent refactoring progress.
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/119425/ passed and ready for review, but gate seems to be broken.
- Prepare for other guestagent merges. Discuss status of other in-flight commits.
Agenda for Oct 29th
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/102838/ - During bug discussion (using report comments) was made unformal decision to mark all running backups as FAILED if instance is being deleted. But this checkin was marked with -2 from Auston (for more info see checkin comments). I'd like to discuss it and find suitable way for all of us.
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/130519/ - As we are all know that incremental backup can silently be executed as full backup because there's no incremental strategy for given backup strategy. This fix aims to fix it. But Amrith keep voting with -1 because he thinks that fix can be shorter. More info you can find out checkin comments. My idea is to have common validation method that executes specific logic depending on operation type. So, i'd like to hear concrete feedback from other contributors and find suitable way to fix it.
Meeting Chat Logs: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/trove/2014/
Meeting Agenda History: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Trove/MeetingAgendaHistory#Trove_Weekly_Meeting_Agenda_History
Note: BP Meetings now have their own wiki page at: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TroveBPMeeting