Weekly Trove Team Meeting
We have weekly team meetings on Wednesdays at 18:00 UTC in #openstack-meeting-alt
Want to add an agenda item? Please append your item to the upcoming weekly agenda while keeping in mind:
An agenda item should have a clearly defined objective.
- Good: Review #xxxxx has comments on foobar.py from multiple folks and there seems to be a lack of consensus on how to solve problem ‘y’. Let’s quickly rehash the merits of both approaches in 2-5 minutes and call for a vote. Goal: choose an approach and move forward on implementation.
- Bad: Discuss blueprint ‘xyz’
- Bad: Revisit blueprint ‘abc’ that we talked about last week to get answers on remaining disagreements.
When referring to previous conversations or competing viewpoints, be sure to summarize them.
Meeting Chat Logs: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/trove/2014/
Meeting Agenda History: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Trove/MeetingAgendaHistory
Agenda for Weekly Trove Team Meeting - April 16
- Discuss the expectations of an agenda item for the weekly meeting [core/amcrn]
- Goal: Explain what is expected of an agenda item to guarantee the conversation stays on topic and is headed toward meeting a goal or resolving an issue.
- amcrn (talk) 07:13, 17 April 2014 (UTC):
- Result: majority vote agrees that each agenda item should have an objective and be goal-oriented.
- Solution: as a result, guidelines for agenda items have been added to the top of this wiki and the core team has agreed to shepherd folks for the next few weeks on how to fine tune their agenda items.
- Next Steps: enforce guidelines/rules.
- Datastore and Datastore Version Concat in Trove Horizon Dashboard [michael-yu]
- Question to Answer: Should there be two columns in list-view, and two dropdowns in launch-view, for datastore and datastore-version respectively? Or should they be concatenated into one?
- See the ongoing conversation at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/75269/14/openstack_dashboard/dashboards/project/databases/tables.py and https://review.openstack.org/#/c/75269/14/openstack_dashboard/dashboards/project/databases/workflows/create_instance.py .
- amcrn (talk) 07:13, 17 April 2014 (UTC):
- Result: majority vote agrees that datastore-type and datastore-version should be consolidated into one dropdown for the launch-instance workflow and one column for list-view. long-term, many believe this to be a hint/indication that datastore-type and datastore-version should be combined into a single field for the v2 api, but this is yet to be seen.
- Next Steps: michael-yu updating his horizon patch-set (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/75269/) to be single dropdown/column and amcrn updating trove-integration to default to a naming scheme that plays well with this model (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/88119/)
- Perform integration testing for the heat based instances [Shivamshukla]
- What could be the way to test instance workflow through heat.
- amcrn (talk) 07:39, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
- Summary: some tests for a heat-based workflow (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/66499/) require changing trove-taskmanager conf values, which then require a restart of the trove-taskmanager. the problem with requiring a restart is that it makes the naive assumption that it's not a remote system.
- Solution: add a test.conf flag that indicates whether non-remote tests should be run (i.e. tests that require the restart of trove-taskmanager). long-term, a majority agree that a separate heat gate should be birthed.
- Next Steps: shivamshukla to update the patch-set to include the test.conf flag mentioned above.
- Neutron Support, SecGroup Management, and Networking [annashen, denis_makogon]
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/neutron-support + https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/secgroup-mgmt-via-neutron + https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/network-manager-spec
- amcrn (talk) 07:57, 17 April 2014 (UTC):
- Result: annashen will unilaterally/single-handedly own the blueprint + implementation for supporting neutron in trove. the three related blueprints (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/neutron-support + https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/secgroup-mgmt-via-neutron + https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/network-manager-spec) are to be merged into one (the final destination being https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/neutron-support). a majority agrees that this consolidated blueprint needs to clearly articulate the requirements, beyond just stating "support running neutron instead of nova-network".
- Next Steps: annashen to deliver unified blueprint and implementation.
- Refactoring backup/restore strategies (re-visiting from previous meeting) [denis_makogon]
Weekly Trove Blueprint Meeting
For those interested, we have blueprint meetings in #openstack-trove weekly, Mondays at 18:00 UTC. Feel free to add items in the agenda below.
Agenda for Weekly Trove Blueprint Meeting - April 21
- Unify common code in guest agent configurations [amrith and snowdust]
- Adding datastore and version to the backup API [robertmyers]
- Move the Trove Guest Agent to its own module [robertmyers]
- Database log files manipulations [denis_makogon]
- Resource management driver [denis_makogon]